Fleurbaix Toy Soldiers (1 Viewer)

Hey Everyone,

What brands is everyone interested in? Toy Soldiers are my passion and my career.I took over my late fathers business Fleurbaix Toy Soldiers. He too had a passion for Toy Soldiers and made it his goal to acquire the rights and moulds to a lot of ailing British Toy Soldiers Manufacturers. Before he passed away we managed to acquire Battlezone, Burlington, Ducal, HM of GB, JG Miniatures, Mountford Metal Miniatures, Music in Miniatures, Rosedale, VC Miniatures, Ward Toy Soldiers, some of Rose, Tommy Atkins, John Eden.
After a fire and several changes of premises has made it difficult to fully realize my father's dream I am finally getting through cataloging the thousands of figures we have and hope to have an updated website with updated prices by the middle of the year.
I am really keen to reconnect with people who also share a fondness for this hobby so comment or message me it would be great to hear from you !
Abram Simon

Hi Abram,

Good to know.
My interests focus on Mountford, John Eden/Rose Miniatures, JG Miniatures, Toy Army Workshop....
Not assembled sets, all in kit format.
As soon as you have a link to your website let us know.
Cheers
Aertillery_Crazy

Hey Everyone,

What brands is everyone interested in? Toy Soldiers are my passion and my career.I took over my late fathers business Fleurbaix Toy Soldiers. He too had a passion for Toy Soldiers and made it his goal to acquire the rights and moulds to a lot of ailing British Toy Soldiers Manufacturers. Before he passed away we managed to acquire Battlezone, Burlington, Ducal, HM of GB, JG Miniatures, Mountford Metal Miniatures, Music in Miniatures, Rosedale, VC Miniatures, Ward Toy Soldiers, some of Rose, Tommy Atkins, John Eden.
After a fire and several changes of premises has made it difficult to fully realize my father's dream I am finally getting through cataloging the thousands of figures we have and hope to have an updated website with updated prices by the middle of the year.
I am really keen to reconnect with people who also share a fondness for this hobby so comment or message me it would be great to hear from you !
Abram Simon

Hi Abram - All of those you listed as long as they are in unpainted castings/ kit form. ( I'm a painter).

The only downer I can forsee - is maybe high postage and import taxes for most of us in the UK - seeing that you are in OZ.

Best of luck though - I might be in the market - looking forward to your catalogue - hope it's all online .Johnnybach

Isn't JG still an independent business?

I am interested in any artillery you have.

JG Miniatures are still an independent business, Fleurbaix only bought the Zulu and Roman figures ranges if I am not mistaken...
Cheers
A_C

John Eden and Tommy Atkins are also still in business, as far as I know, so I'm curious to know which figures from their catalogs you have. And John Eden himself has a catalog that contains figures that originated with now-defunct makers, such as Gammage's Rose line.

Prost!
Brad

Hi Abram,

Good to know.
My interests focus on Mountford, John Eden/Rose Miniatures, JG Miniatures, Toy Army Workshop....
Not assembled sets, all in kit format.
As soon as you have a link to your website let us know.
Cheers
Aertillery_Crazy

Hi Artillery_Crazy,

Thank you, will let you know when the website hits the net. Fleurbaix owns all of the rights to the modern artillery that Mountford produced, the Egyptians and Gladiators that John Eden/ Rose Miniatures produced, John Eden's Roman Camel Corp and Roman Siege Machines and of course everything Toy Army Workshop produced.

Thank you so much for your comment,

Warm Regards

Abram Simon
Owner Operator
Fleurbaix Toy Soldiers

I thought JG Miniatures made diorama supplies? or are there two companies?

Hi thebritfarmer

JG Miniatures indeed still to this day produces superb diorama supplies, but Fleurbaix obtained his figurine line back in 2008 ! Which contains Romans, Zulus, Civilians and multiple other figurines.

Thank you for your comment.

Warm Regards

Abram Simon
Owner Operator
Fleurbaix Toy Soldiers

Last edited:
John Eden and Tommy Atkins are also still in business, as far as I know, so I'm curious to know which figures from their catalogs you have. And John Eden himself has a catalog that contains figures that originated with now-defunct makers, such as Gammage's Rose line.

Prost!
Brad

Hi theBaron

John Eden and Tommy Atkins are indeed still in business.

From John Eden Fleurbaix Obtained his Roman Camel Corp and Roman Siege Machines, also JG Miniatures (figurine line), HM of GB and Rose Miniatures Egyptians/ Gladiator ranges.

From Tommy Atkins Fleurbaix Obtained a WW2 Eastern Front range, as well as the Spirit of 76' trio, some British red coats and a few other items.

Warm Regards

Abram Simon
Owner Operator
Fleurbaix Toy Soldiers

Last edited:
JG Miniatures are still an independent business, Fleurbaix only bought the Zulu and Roman figures ranges if I am not mistaken...
Cheers
A_C

Hi Artillery_crazy

JG Miniatures are indeed still an independent business. Fleurbaix obtained his whole figurine line, back in 2008. Yes the Zulu and Roman fgurines were a part of that, as well as civilians and multiple other misc miniatures.

Warm Regards

Abram Simon
Owner Operator
Fleurbaix Toy Soldiers

Hi Napoleon1er

Yes JG is still an independent business. Fleurbaix obtained his whole figurine line back in 2008, this contained his zulus, romans, civilians and multiple other misc figurines.

Please do not hesitate to message me if there are any particular artillery you require. As well as Mountford and Toy Army Workshop.. Fleurbaix produces a stunning Victorian Artillery range.

Warm Regards

Abram Simon
Owner Operator
Fleurbaix Toy Soldiers

Hi Abram - All of those you listed as long as they are in unpainted castings/ kit form. ( I'm a painter).

The only downer I can forsee - is maybe high postage and import taxes for most of us in the UK - seeing that you are in OZ.

Best of luck though - I might be in the market - looking forward to your catalogue - hope it's all online .Johnnybach

Hi Johnnybach

All of those companies will/ are available in both painted and unpainted/ kit form.

I will always send items by the safest method possible and only at what it costs to send, I won't be charging any excessive charges my end.

Everything will eventually be online, but this will take some time. So if there is anything in particular you would like please don't hesitate to contact me.

Warm Regards

Abram Simon
Owner Operator
Fleurbaix Toy Soldiers

Hi Johnnybach

All of those companies will/ are available in both painted and unpainted/ kit form.

I will always send items by the safest method possible and only at what it costs to send, I won't be charging any excessive charges my end.

Everything will eventually be online, but this will take some time. So if there is anything in particular you would like please don't hesitate to contact me.

Warm Regards

Abram Simon
Owner Operator
Fleurbaix Toy Soldiers

Thanks for the info Abram. I wasn't thinking so much of shipping costs at YOUR end. But our dearest HMRC and Post people at our end - charge excessively for Import Tax - and then our wonderful GPO add in a "handling charge", basically for picking up the tax for the Government.

This also happens from the USA - and the result is the once reasonably priced item - then becomes not so reasonable at all.

If I DO want something from you however, that I can't get here - then you just swallow hard - and take the hit!

Maybe after Brexit - things might change with regard to import taxes elsewhere - we'll just have to see.

Best of luck with your endevours though - I will look forward to seeing the catalogue - whenever.

jb

...the Egyptians and Gladiators that John Eden/ Rose Miniatures produced, John Eden's Roman Camel Corp and Roman Siege Machines...

Thanks, Abram! Were those original sculpts by John, or were they the Rose Egyptians and Romans? I don't know if he had had his own, before he acquired any of Gammage's molds.

Prost!
Brad

Thanks, Abram! Were those original sculpts by John, or were they the Rose Egyptians and Romans? I don't know if he had had his own, before he acquired any of Gammage's molds.

Prost!
Brad

Hi Brad

You are correct, the Egyptians and Romans/ Gladiators were originally from Rose Miniatures.

Warm Regards

Abram Simon
Owner Operator
Fleurbaix Toy Soldiers

Thanks for the info Abram. I wasn't thinking so much of shipping costs at YOUR end. But our dearest HMRC and Post people at our end - charge excessively for Import Tax - and then our wonderful GPO add in a "handling charge", basically for picking up the tax for the Government.

This also happens from the USA - and the result is the once reasonably priced item - then becomes not so reasonable at all.

If I DO want something from you however, that I can't get here - then you just swallow hard - and take the hit!

Maybe after Brexit - things might change with regard to import taxes elsewhere - we'll just have to see.

Best of luck with your endevours though - I will look forward to seeing the catalogue - whenever.

jb

Hi Jb

Oh I see. Thank you for your kind words.

Warm Regards

Abram Simon
Owner Operator
Fleurbaix Toy Soldiers

Could you please post some clear photos of the figures you are currently producing? If possible, next to their master figures, so we can see for ourselves the quality of your production. The last examples your company posted on this forum, six or seven years ago, appeared to have been attempts at hand casting from moulds meant for a centrifugal casting machine. The photos on your website at the time were simply taken from the catalogues of the original producers of the items.

https://forum.treefrogtreasures.com...l-New-Black-version/page6&highlight=Fleurbaix

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back