Fort Apache/Little Big Horn Playset (1 Viewer)

dog soldier

Private
maybe this will wake up all the non Conte and Conte "nutz"

can you imagine what a Fort Apache or Little Big Horn playset would look like if produced by this playset WIZARD

7th cav alone with mounted cheyenne and sioux warriors,
with today's sculpting and manufacturing AMAZING

and the 6th cav and apache's

this would just absolutely be "bone chilling"

ohhhhhhhhhh to dream of a lost childhood

I agree dogsoldier, I would love to see 7th Calvary/ Little Big Horn sets. I feel the Conte's are the best poses ever produced. When you look at the detail in the recent stand up shooting m1 rifleman, that has to be the best sculpted figure I have ever seen. I just sit back in amazement with the varity and wait and see the next movie theme. What ever he produces, is going to be a hit with some one. How about The Charge of the Light Brigade. The Nappers would be in 7th heaven. We will all be broke, but very happy I might add. Mike.

mike

oh so very true, although i did read somewhere that it became very difficult for Conte to continue on with his movie themed playsets due to licensing rights and costs, no matter, they wouldn't need to be tied into movie themes (but great if they were), the airfix 7th cav of the 70's were far ahead of their time, it just gives me "chills" on what Conte and his sculptors could come up with given that.

mike

oh so very true, although i did read somewhere that it became very difficult for Conte to continue on with his movie themed playsets due to licensing rights and costs, no matter, they wouldn't need to be tied into movie themes (but great if they were), the airfix 7th cav of the 70's were far ahead of their time, it just gives me "chills" on what Conte and his sculptors could come up with given that.

Got to agree with you doghead, The Airfix 7th Cav, is probably my fave set. The poses (except 2 of them) are fantastic. I'd go for Conte 7th big time.

Simon

OOOOOOOOOOOOO K

that brings us to i think 3 or 4 of us who want these, lets break the bank, each of us cut a check for about 10k, send over to Conte and we should than have our figures directly :D

wraith, think about it, thats only 5k GBP for you, what a deal lol

OOOOOOOOOOOOO K

that brings us to i think 3 or 4 of us who want these, lets break the bank, each of us cut a check for about 10k, send over to Conte and we should than have our figures directly :D

wraith, think about it, thats only 5k GBP for you, what a deal lol

The cheque is in the post!

It'll bounce like a rubber ball, but it's in the post. :)

Got to agree with you doghead, The Airfix 7th Cav, is probably my fave set. The poses (except 2 of them) are fantastic. I'd go for Conte 7th big time.

Simon

oh yessss, what the heck was up with that laying figure but which other one, don't have an open set close by to check, all minty and sealed :)

btw, "doghead" huh.....................i kinda like it, good one simon :)

but you know if you would have said that to me under the K&C thread that woulda made the fixins for a good ole southern brawl LMAO

you would think i am leading up to something, or at least referring to somethin wouldn't ya, Nooooooooooooo not me LOL

wasn't it churchill who said "we have not yet begun to fight"

stay tuned folks...........................................i love it

onward............... Hoooooooooooooooo all ye Conte fanatics

lets keep and get more "chit" "chat" going

Go ahead and ask Conte for a 7th Cavalry. I,m sure he will tell you he has one in the works, along with a thousand other sets. And they will all be worth the wait and wait and wait. Get the picture!
Gary

oh yessss, what the heck was up with that laying figure but which other one, don't have an open set close by to check, all minty and sealed :)

btw, "doghead" huh.....................i kinda like it, good one simon :)

but you know if you would have said that to me under the K&C thread that woulda made the fixins for a good ole southern brawl LMAO

you would think i am leading up to something, or at least referring to somethin wouldn't ya, Nooooooooooooo not me LOL

wasn't it churchill who said "we have not yet begun to fight"

stay tuned folks...........................................i love it

onward............... Hoooooooooooooooo all ye Conte fanatics

lets keep and get more "chit" "chat" going

I'm just picturing The Duke now....
Dog soldier, actually my mistake, I mis-read your user name :eek: .
My mind must have been elsewhere. Pretty common for me.

As for Conte 7th Cav? Would be nice, but I'll have to settle for painting up some old Airfix for the time being.

Simon

Go ahead and ask Conte for a 7th Cavalry. I,m sure he will tell you he has one in the works, along with a thousand other sets. And they will all be worth the wait and wait and wait. Get the picture!
Gary

hmmmmmm, i think i did, no he did not, and i will..........................

"ooooooooooooooooo" what a lovely picture it is.......................;)

Gary
count me in on the 7th

have 3 diifferent dioramas now metals from ebay dealers
the old and new britains detail
and the unpainted menagerie of bmc airfix marx and other found unpainted types

conte would make a magnificant addition

have dealt with conte since the beau geste set

a nam vet of the 7th cav

Users who are viewing this thread

Back