Forum Censorship (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swalterh

Corporal
So, is the level of forum censorship beneficial or detrimental to the atmosphere on the TF Forum?

Interested to hear people's thoughts.

In order to understand your question, you need more precision in certain of your terms such as "the level," "censorship," and "atmosphere."

Without those, it's impossible to answer your question.

My feeling about your query is that it's a bit of bomb throwing on your part, designed to incite.

In order to understand your question, you need more precision in certain of your terms such as "the level," "censorship," and "atmosphere."

Without those, it's impossible to answer your question.

My feeling about your query is that it's a bit of bomb throwing on your part, designed to incite.

Brad,

I heard through PM’s from various members that you were a moderator at one point. What happened there?

I'm new and trying to figure out the politics that go on here (You know, who's got clout and who thinks they've got clout etc...). So yes, I suppose my query is a bit of bomb throwing on my part.

Shane

:)

So, is the level of forum censorship beneficial or detrimental to the atmosphere on the TF Forum?

Interested to hear people's thoughts.

Shane ,

I have been on this forum for a little over a year now...I have never had any issue's with censorship from the mod's on this forum , not that i have given a reason to be censored...As far as i understand the rules of the forum , is just use common sense here...Think before you type...is it an inflammatory topic ie religion , politics & such...
I am thankful to Pete & Shannon that they provide us with this site...Before i stumbled onto this site , i really just collected on my own...Now , you have a place where you can share idea's , get advice , see what other's are collecting , get opinions about this or that , see diorama's & share your collection...etc,etc...Also a great place to interact with worldwide personalities even if it is only through this site...
So , i don't believe that the atmosphere on this forum is hindered or held back for me...from any level of censorship...

Joe

Shane ,

I have been on this forum for a little over a year now...I have never had any issue's with censorship from the mod's on this forum , not that i have given a reason to be censored...As far as i understand the rules of the forum , is just use common sense here...Think before you type...is it an inflammatory topic ie religion , politics & such...
I am thankful to Pete & Shannon that they provide us with this site...Before i stumbled onto this site , i really just collected on my own...Now , you have a place where you can share idea's , get advice , see what other's are collecting , get opinions about this or that , see diorama's & share your collection...etc,etc...Also a great place to interact with worldwide personalities even if it is only through this site...
So , i don't believe that the atmosphere on this forum is hindered or held back for me...from any level of censorship...

Joe

Joe,

Loved the photos you uploaded today. Your WWII German AFV and figure collection is superb.

Shane

Shane,

Yes, I was a moderator, the first one actually. What happened? Burn out, I suppose, became all too consuming, not always a fun job but a very interesting experience.

As far as who's got clout, there are only a few people who do: the mods, Pete, and Shannon ("she who must be obeyed" :smile2:), in ascending order.

As far as dos and don'ts, the rules provide the answer. We all run afoul from time to time.

Brad

Shane,

Yes, I was a moderator, the first one actually. What happened? Burn out, I suppose, became all too consuming, not always a fun job but a very interesting experience.

As far as who's got clout, there are only a few people who do: the mods, Pete, and Shannon ("she who must be obeyed" :smile2:), in ascending order.

As far as dos and don'ts, the rules provide the answer. We all run afoul from time to time.

Brad

I can see how being a moderator could get exhausting after a while. Especially with all of those controversial historical and pricing discussions going on. I'm sure that you had to deal with all kinds of reported posts.

Joe,

Loved the photos you uploaded today. Your WWII German AFV and figure collection is superb.

Shane

Shane ,

Thank you , glad you like them...I just added a few things over the last couple days...The Hiriart Pz II set's are really cool !!

Joe

Joe,

Shane

Shane,
What has your reply about Joes photos got to do with the subject of the thread or his ? Joe summed up the situation very well but I guess that is not the type of answer you were looking for.

You started the thread but so far have expressed no opinion about the subject yourself. I agree with Brad that it's a bit of bomb throwing on your part, designed to incite. Would not be the first time.

Personally my advice to people is to ignore this thread as its intent is so obvious.

Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back