Franco Prussian War - Wish List (1 Viewer)

Dragoon

Sergeant Major
There are a number of figures and sets I'd like to see made for Team's FPW series. Here's a place to list some ideas, and hopefully Team will take notice.

For myself, I thought I'd start with a small request for a French Zouave trumpeter. Something like the image below.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-23 081044.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-09-23 081044.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 534
Thank you very much for your support and attention and for offering us such a good proposal. Thank you for the pictures you provided, which are of great reference value for us.
We are currently making French cavalry, Prussian artillery, etc.
The growth of our company needs the help and good advice of collectors very much. We will strive to develop more good works! Come on!

T.M. Jack

Team has done a great job on this series so far and I think the addition of cavalry, artillery and perhaps other Regiments will be welcome.
Some of the best figures on the market today. Well researched, well sculpted and beautifully painted.
I also look forward to Team releasing their Spanish American War series...

French Cuirassiers and Chasseurs D'Afrique are excellent choices, Prussian Cuirassiers and lancers are must haves as well, 6 of each should do it.

A gun and crew for the French and the Prussians are also needed.

I'd then do French Chasseurs and either Guard Infantry or Turcos in their distinctive light blue uniforms, then I'd do Prussian jaegers and Wurtemberg infantry, that would give you four different infantry types for both sides, two different cavalry types and a field piece with crew.

The range would be very well flushed out and depending on sales, you could come back to it and do things like French Mobile Infantry, Marines, Saxon infantry as well as Wurtemberg Jaegers, then do French Carabiniers and Chasseurs A cheval and Bavarian Cuirassiers and Prussian Dragoons.

There are loads of other choices too, but the question becomes how well would they sell; the bottom line is as the company grows and this range grows in popularity, I'd think additions would make sense, they would be THE go to company for Franco Prussian War figures....................

French Cuirassiers and Chasseurs D'Afrique are excellent choices, Prussian Cuirassiers and lancers are must haves as well, 6 of each should do it.

I'd then do French Chasseurs and either Guard Infantry or Turcos in their distinctive light blue uniforms, then I'd do Prussian jaegers and Wurtemberg infantry, that would give you four different infantry types for both sides, two different cavalry types and a field piece with crew.

The range would be very well flushed out and depending on sales, you could come back to it and do things like French Mobile Infantry, Marines, Saxon infantry as well as Wurtemberg Jaegers, then do French Carabiniers and Chasseurs A cheval and Bavarian Cuirassiers and Prussian Dragoons.

There are loads of other choices too, but the question becomes how well would they sell; the bottom line is as the company grows and this range grows in popularity, I'd think additions would make sense, they would be THE go to company for Franco Prussian War figures....................

I agree on Turcos, with the light blue Zouave style jackets with yellow trim and the white pants:

Attachments

• 1 Steiff Turco 1 (2).jpg
    1 Steiff Turco 1 (2).jpg
    60 KB · Views: 283
  • 1 Steiff Turco 2 (2).jpg
    1 Steiff Turco 2 (2).jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 282
  • 1 Steiff Turco 4.jpg
    1 Steiff Turco 4.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 278

In addition to the Turcos, agree on all of George's other recommendations, especially, French Cuirassiers and Chasseurs D'Afrique. I plan on buying this entire series, as it is released, and have already started to construct a village diorama, and with George's help, ordered a TM Terrain church and cemetary/churchyard diorama to display my Franco Prussian War collection.

Well that is a great and thorough list George, I would welcome and purchase all of those suggestions.

Another good set possibility would be a French mitrailleuse (volley gun) and crew.

Attachments

• 640px-De_Reffye_Mitrailleuse.jpg
    640px-De_Reffye_Mitrailleuse.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 338
Well that is a great and thorough list George, I would welcome and purchase all of those suggestions.

Another good set possibility would be a French mitrailleuse (volley gun) and crew.

This is a fantastic suggestion!! :salute:: As George once pointed out to me, the French had the better equipment during the Franco Prussion War, and the mitrailleuse is an excellent example. However, the far better leadership the Prussians enjoyed, thanks in large part to the training they received to become members of the Great General Staff, allowed them to defeat the French in every battle.

This is a fantastic suggestion!! :salute:: As George once pointed out to me, the French had the better equipment during the Franco Prussion War, and the mitrailleuse is an excellent example. However, the far better leadership the Prussians enjoyed, thanks in large part to the training they received to become members of the Great General Staff, allowed them to defeat the French in every battle.

Yes Louis, it is really hard to believe how bad the French high command was in that war. I believe the French artillery was under separate command so it might deem not to follow an order from a corps or army commander. The fine French cavalry was never properly used for scouting, screening or the attack. And the presence of the Emperor was NEVER helpful......What a mess. - Ken

Excellent rendition of a French line regiment trumpeter, by late 19th century artist Paul Grolleron.
- This would be a nice addition to the series.

Attachments

• Grolleron_Bugle-call.jpg
    Grolleron_Bugle-call.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 357
Here is another example of Grolleron's work which could make a fine vignette for Team to make.
- Interestingly, Grolleron did not include the shoulder epaulettes in many of his paintings.

Attachments

• PNLGrolleron2.jpg
    PNLGrolleron2.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 602
Bavarian Cuirassiers could be another great and colorful addition to the FPW series.

Attachments

• BavarianCuirassier1.jpg
    BavarianCuirassier1.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 354
  • BavarianCuirassier2.jpg
    BavarianCuirassier2.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 329
Here is another example of Grolleron's work which could make a fine vignette for Team to make.
- Interestingly, Grolleron did not include the shoulder epaulettes in many of his paintings.

Maybe the soldiers in the 1870-1871 campaign removed their epaulettes and Grolleron knew that.

French Cuirassiers,r Turcos in their distinctive light blue uniforms, ......

Well I have just finished painting this flat set of figures with 2/3 of your wish list.

Fr_prus_flat.jpg

This is not in my standard lot of figures I paint, these are about 40mm, but it requires a different technique of painting I'm used to, but I'm trying to achieve a realistic finish.

The flat was given to me by a friend who was touring in Europe in 2018, and thought I'd like it :)

Hope you like them,

John

Not only are the TM figures amazing but the artworks depicting the war are inspirational for diorama making

Users who are viewing this thread

Back