French Napoleonic Army (1 Viewer)

Colebraden2011

Private 1st Class
Finally got around to painting a little again after a year hiatus. Still have to base many of the figures but I'm sure I'll get around to it with time. IMG_1052.JPG
IMG_1054.JPG
IMG_1508.JPG
IMG_1065.JPG
IMG_1066.JPG

Good to see you painting again. I am trying to determine the different manufacturers that you have together. I see a lot of HaT and Timpo. After that I think I see ACTA and then I'm guessing after that.

The up close pictures show some good detailing but it is nice to see the volume of a unit in larger representational proportion.

I've spent the last 4 months paining up about 200 cavalry horses. Slow going, so good for you for getting it done.

I was hoping to get the pictures a little bigger but lost patience haha.
I have some timpo, airfix, victrix, armies in plastic, CTS, LOTS of hat with some all the Kings men heads, some metal guys, and a call to arms
It FEELS good to be painting again. Looking forward to your next big battle, middleguard!

Yes, the picture size thing is confusing.

Here's the thing. The guy that rented me the building to do my giant battle has been doing renovations and he split up the room I was using into more than one room. So that spot is no longer available. He's a business guy and he has to do what's good for business.

Finding the time and a place to set up is my biggest challenge. You may want to keep your armies smaller or only do small sections of a battle for a setup.

I don't want to do small setups as the display of tactics with combined arms all laid out at once is what I got into this for.

If you plan on having an all painted set up it may not end up being that large, or it may be a while till you are ready. Either way I would suggest starting to look for that lay out spot now so you have some idea of the size and possibly a cost.

In the mean time keep painting and posting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back