Frontline ff1, opinions. (1 Viewer)

waynepoo

Colonel
Gday Guys,
I am very keen to buy FF1 going over the top, but as I have only ever seen stock pictures of the set I was hoping if any of you guys has the set you may offer your opinions on it.
Thanks ,
Wayne.

Attachments

• 170.jpg
    170.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 468
I feel the same way. As a collector of Britains' new WWI trench figures (I LOVE the new sets- will buy all of them), I would love this set as an add on, but have never seen much of it....

If nothing else, I would want it for my collection, if I were a Frontline collector. Same goes for the promotional figures they did of cheerleaders-I think those were Frontline. Anyone who considers himself a collector of the brand would want items like that, I think.

Regarding the piece in and of itself, I think it's worthy of collecting, because of the animation and the style.

Prost!
Brad

Hi Wayne,

I have had this set since it was first offered. I bought it from Gerard Prime at the West Coaster. When I saw him six months later at the Chicago Show, I mentioned that it needed a mirror so that it could be seen from both the front and the back. He subsequently included a mirror with this set. It is a good thing that he (and his late partner Howard Swales) did not listen to me all the time. They asked me if I thought they should start doing their figures in matte, I said that they should keep making them in glossy. This was about the time when they produced their Charge of the Light Brigade sets which were glossy; they subsequently made a couple of French Zouave sets in a different style and in matte which I didn't think went well with the early sets. That shows how much I know.

In any case, I do think that set FF.1 is well worth adding to your collection. It is very well done and, as you probably know, is a represention of their company logo. You can contact Gerard directly in Hong Kong to see if he still has any available. Shipping shouldn't be too bad; I have had sets shipped from them to California in the past.

Attachments

• 100_1659.JPG
    100_1659.JPG
    475.3 KB · Views: 312
  • 100_1661.JPG
    100_1661.JPG
    533.1 KB · Views: 314
Thanks mate,
I was sold on this set from the first and now it's a must have. No offence but I'm glad they didn't listen to you as well:wink2:(not a glossy fan). Always better to see a pic from collector, thanks again.
Wayne.

You're welcome. Over the years, I subsequently went on to buy dozens of Frontline Figures sets from their American Civil War, Napoleonic, World War I, World War II, Zulu War, and French & Indian War lines---all in matte! I am looking forward to picking up their new Seven Years War sets at the West Coaster next month; yes, in matte.

I am selling my set. PM if interested.

Picture104F.jpg

Picture140F.jpg

Wayne,

FYI: This set went up on eBay today for $150 with free U.S. shipping, if you are still interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back