FX TV Show Over There (1 Viewer)

gk5717

2nd Lieutenant
Was looking forward to the show, however I was very disappointed in it. Kinda corney I thought.
As a huge fan of "Rescue Me" on FX I was expecting more.
Gary

Gary I am also a big Rescue Me fan. Have you seen his earlier series "The Job"?
It is now out on DVD and I highly recommend it.
Njja

I did not like the show so far. Shut it off after a half hour. Guess after Easy company series I got spoiled. Anyone can swear and shoot. J

Nija, I caught a few of the THE JOB episodes. I,ve got Rescue Me Season 1 on DVD. I love the Sopranos and always thought that to be a notch above, but Rescue Me is right there with the Sopranos.
Tuesdays episode was a little heavy I thought.
People talk about chick flicks, well Rescue Me is a guy flick.
Gary

Definately have to agree with the trend here the show Rescue Me really is a good one! The other show Over There is kind of difficult for me to get into since I have a lot of friends that are over there and have been having a tough time lately especially with the bombings and the deaths and injuries to soldiers and civilians.

Gary when you get a chace pick up "The Job" its out on DVD I think you get 19 episodes, all that were made. It has a lot of the cast from "Rescue Me" It is very funny and just as good. You won't be dissapointed.
Njja

Yes, I'm usually addicted to "Rescue Me". My son is a firefighter and we watch it together many times.

As far as "Over There" - I guess that I am geting something out of it. First, it's hard to do any drama about an on-going conflict. Too much real pain for many. On the other hand the series does compare well with Band of Brothers, by reminding you that it's a whole different kind of war, fought by a whole new generation. The guys and gals in Iraq face problems that Easy company NEVER had to deal with, and this series reminds us about that. It would be nice to see and episode or two about improving towns, providing clean water, etc., but this doesn't make for exciting TV!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back