General WWII US troops? (1 Viewer)

Sgt. 403

Private
Are there any "generic" US troops for the WWII series'? I know there are US for the Bulge and D-Day. My grandfather was with the 89th and was in the push to the Rhine. Are there any figures that would cover that time period? And if you collect D-Day, what collection of Germans do you use as opponents?

I dont think K&C has any figures from that particular division...... i know they have guys from the big red one and i believe the 4th division also some us rangers but no 89th. For the german i maily us just waffen ss guys from that range..... the hitlerjugend.....some regular wermacht, and luftlande divisions.

Dave:D:D:D

Are there any "generic" US troops for the WWII series'? I know there are US for the Bulge and D-Day. My grandfather was with the 89th and was in the push to the Rhine. Are there any figures that would cover that time period? And if you collect D-Day, what collection of Germans do you use as opponents?

What about the 3rd infantry division sets, there was a truck with some men in the back, a sherman tank, tank riders, a patrol, a fighting patrol, and finally an m8 Greyhound!:)

Opponents for D-day could be :
SS troops (Hitlerjugend and others)
German paras
regular troops
Panzer troops
they all fought in Normandy in june and july
Guy

Actually, most King & Country US troops are rather "generic". They can be seperated into "warm weather" uniforms, which include most of the DDay Series, and "cold weather" which are the "Battle of the Bulge" troops. Some of the DDay Series are depicted in the later M1943 Field Jacket. They would do well for spring of 1945 as well as fall of 1944. One thing that makes the Battle of the Bulge series unique is that Andy's team has done a good job of adding frost effects and such that show the poor guy is in a cold place. The basic uniform could be used for troops of the 89th after the Ardennes actions.

Gary B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back