George Washington (1 Viewer)

Capitolron

Lieutenant Colonel
I wanted to start a thread and talk about the hope that John Jenkins will produce a George Washington figure. As you read more about the period it is really amazing how this young man found himself making history.

The Artillery Set should be interesting too.

I made my case on the other thread for GW. Its amazing to me that he was present at so many historic events, avoided getting killed, and somehow even prospered after being associated with so many early disasters - massacre of the French at Jumonville Glen setting off a world war, Fort Necessity defeat, Braddock's fiasco. He was the Flashman of the French-Indian War.

I made my case on the other thread for GW. Its amazing to me that he was present at so many historic events, avoided getting killed, and somehow even prospered after being associated with so many early disasters - massacre of the French at Jumonville Glen setting off a world war, Fort Necessity defeat, Braddock's fiasco. He was the Flashman of the French-Indian War.

Combat

I went to those NPS sites you had and I was thinking the same thing - Wow - what a messy start to a Military Career - its amazing that he got the Comission from the Continential Congress to begin with.

I guess being a large Plantation owner helped.

He would have never made it in today's military - would he?

Ron

He lobbied for years for a regular army commission in the British Army, and they wouldn't have him!

He lobbied for years for a regular army commission in the British Army, and they wouldn't have him!

Louis

When you think about it - its really incrediable that he did all that he had done in the early years of his life.

Combat

I agree it is amazing that all he went through and came out unscratched - destiny must have been calling
:)

Conte makes a nice George Washington figure mounted on a white horse from the American Revolution (Rev. #020). Britains also makes one, but they are much inferior to the Conte figure in my opinion. Hopefully, JJ will get around to it with the upcoming Virginia Regiment.

Conte makes a nice George Washington figure mounted on a white horse from the American Revolution (Rev. #020). Britains also makes one, but they are much inferior to the Conte figure in my opinion. Hopefully, JJ will get around to it with the upcoming Virginia Regiment.

I have the Conte Washington and both of the King and Country Washington's as well. I really like the old K&C 1776 Washington.

How about a pistol and a bottle of Whiskey ? Now thats an Action Figure..:D

I'm guessing the summer releases will include the VA Regiment for the Monongahela line. So we could see one soon.

Combat

I sure hope so that would be fantastic if we got VA Artillery and a George Washington :)

My big hope is the George Washington is a mounted figure ! That would be outstanding and I would be really interested in seeing what a John Jenkins Design Mounted Figure would look like?

My big hope is the George Washington is a mounted figure ! That would be outstanding and I would be really interested in seeing what a John Jenkins Design Mounted Figure would look like?

Yes, that would be great. Some Brit Cavalry are coming soon. Those will probably be the first mounted releases. There was some speculation that Montcalm would be a mounted figure, but that does not appear to be the case.

Yes, that would be great. Some Brit Cavalry are coming soon. Those will probably be the first mounted releases. There was some speculation that Montcalm would be a mounted figure, but that does not appear to be the case.

Combat

Are the new JJ figures in Gettysburg yet?

Greetings from Oregon. Some help for the speculators.
Washington--Not in the near future
Montcalm on a Horse--A big set based on a painting.
Artillery--Yes in spades.
Also some other really neat figures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back