German Star Antenna help (1 Viewer)

scgatgbi

Private 2
Anybody out there have any suggestions for how to scratch build a German star antenna? I'd prefer to stick with plastics rather than deal with soldering brass or whatnot. Thanks for any tips or thoughts.

Chuck,
Thanks for the link. I'm looking for a less expensive route than the photo etch. I plan on converting a couple of 1/32 German tanks to command versions and was looking for a simple scratch building alternative (small scale styrene rods etc), but thanks for the info. I'll be using the photo from the link as a reference.

Sean

Sean,

I would recommend going the brass wire/ solder route then. Styrene rod will be very fragile. :(
The small brass wire is very easy to solder well and will be as strong a any mediun you could choose. Good luck with whatever medium you choose.

Chuck

Styrene rod would be cheaper but a little fragile but not as fragile as you might think. I have one on my desk that I keep moving around becuase sometimes its in my way and it has been broken yet.

Alex,
did you scratch build yours? if so, how'd you do it? I'd much prefer using the styrene rods.

Sorry for the late response but I wanted to take some pictures. Yes I scratch built it using styrene rods about 1mm thick.

Here it is upside down.
3583668586_8ba4baa8a9.jpg

Here it is on the telescopic pole.
3583668616_4c4dc1f708.jpg

and here it is on the vehicle that has been sitting on my workbench for months. :)
3583668674_deaeffa38c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back