Getting Apache HTTP Server test message when accessing the forum (1 Viewer)

theBaron

Major
Anyone get this screen when you try to access the forum?

I use this URL: https://forum.treefrogtreasures.com/forum.php

When I try to access the forum from my personal machine, I have been getting this screen:

Apache is web server software. My company uses it on the servers hosting one of our products. As far as I know, this is a confirmation screen that a server admin would see when testing that the server is up and running.

I don't get this when accessing from my work laptop, using the same Internet connection, or from my mobile phone.

I can't figure out why I see this screen when navigating to the forum.

Maybe the support staff can explain it.

Prost!
Brad

We have not been able to recreate this. Need more information in order to do so. Feel free to message me with the following:

Browser and Version - Chrome, IE, Firefox, etc
What are you running on your computer - ie Windows 10, 7, XP, etc
If it is only happening at one location, what type of router is being used and type of internet connection?

Hi, Juile,

Browsers are Firefox 80.0 and Chrome v85.0.4.183.83, though it happened on the previous releases of both browsers, going back to June 15, when this first happened.
OS is Win10, on both machines
The URL I use, too, is https://forum.treefrogtreasures.com/forum.php. I tried navigating to the page as unsecured, too, with "http", but that had no effect.
Same Internet connection in both cases, cable Internet connection.
On the one machine, I can access the forum, on the other, I get that message. It makes me wonder if the forum's firewall sees the IP address of the one machine, and throws up the Apache page.
This happens with no other website, either, including the main TF site. It only happens with the forum.

Thanks!

Brad,

[FONT=&quot]Clear your browser cache and cookies, if it still happens, let us know.

Julie
[/FONT]

I did try that before, but it didn't correct it. I'll try again and see.

Thanks!
Ok, running Chrome, I cleared the browser cache via Settings>>Privacy&Security>Clear browsing data. I chose to clear everything. It did not correct the issue. (I'm on my mobile right now, to access the forum.)
Is it possible that TF's won't accept the connection attempt from my IP address?

Here's a current summary of the issue:

1. From my personal laptop, using my home Internet service provider and connection, I get the Apache HTTP screen, when I navigate to the forum at https://forum.treefrogtreasures.com/forum.php
  2. From my work laptop, using my home Internet connection, but logged in to our company's network and going out over our company's ISP, the login page successfully loads
  3. From my personal laptop, using a different ISP and connection (eg, at my father's house, using his ISP/connection), the login page successfully loads

Brad,

Sent this to IT guy. What is your IP address at home?

Julie

Ok, running Chrome, I cleared the browser cache via Settings>>Privacy&Security>Clear browsing data. I chose to clear everything. It did not correct the issue. (I'm on my mobile right now, to access the forum.)
Is it possible that TF's won't accept the connection attempt from my IP address?
Can you please try another browser? Edge or Firefox. That will help us pinpoint the issue.

If not try this:

1. Navigate to the desktop. (From Home, tap or click the Desktop tile).
  2. Right-click the Start button (the Windows logo in the lower-left).
  3. Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
  4. When asked whether to allow Command Prompt to make changes to your computer, select Yes.

Note: If you are asked for an administrative login, you will need to contact your system administrator.
  5. Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and press Enter.

If this doesn't work, do a search on that laptop in Google for your ip. "What is my ip" will work. I need your ip4 address to make sure nothing is blocking it.

Can you please try another browser? Edge or Firefox. That will help us pinpoint the issue.

If not try this:

1. Navigate to the desktop. (From Home, tap or click the Desktop tile).
  2. Right-click the Start button (the Windows logo in the lower-left).
  3. Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
  4. When asked whether to allow Command Prompt to make changes to your computer, select Yes.

Note: If you are asked for an administrative login, you will need to contact your system administrator.
  5. Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and press Enter.

If this doesn't work, do a search on that laptop in Google for your ip. "What is my ip" will work. I need your ip4 address to make sure nothing is blocking it.

Already tried Firefox and Edge, besides Chrome (please see above) and it is not browser-specific. That's why I said above that it makes me think that it's your server's response to the connection attempt from my machine (IP address).

PM inbound with my IP address...

Re: Getting Apache HTTP Server test message when accessing the forum-RESOLVED

Thanks to the support staff, this is resolved. It was a real puzzle, but at some point between my machine and the forum's server, probably at the DNS server, my IP address getting flagged and I was blocked. Rich suggested releasing/renewing my IP address and that corrected it. Thanks very much for resolving this!

Prost!
Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back