Hackensack Show Question (1 Viewer)

Russell

Sergeant
Hi,
My wife and I will be driving to the show from Montreal and we will be staying in a motel in the Hackensack area. My wife would like to go to Manhattan while I'm at the show. What is the best way for her to go there without the car? Is there a best way?

Thanks, Russell

PS I explained to her that the show was really good and that I didn't understand why she didn't just enjoy it with me. It's beyond me but she didn't bite :D.

Last edited:
Russell,

The Rothman Center, where the Show is held, is on the campus of Fairleigh Dickinson University (Metropolitan Campus) in Teaneck (not sure why it's called the Hackensack Show).

I got this from FDU's website:

Via Public Transportation: Frequent bus service to and from New York City (Port Authority is about a 35 minute ride) serves stops at River Road in Teaneck on Route 4. Contact Rockland Coaches 201-384-2400 or NJ Transit 201-762-5100 for exact schedules.

Don't know if that's too helpful

Thank you Brad. It's a start. I'll read the suggestions and choose the one that seems the most workable. Correction - my wife will choose and I'll say something like , "That's great honey."
Also right now I'll go and check the NY Port Authority.

In passing Brad, I remember the first appearence of this Beatle Album. My sister and I had been wisked away to relatives in Peterborough, Ontario. We were being 'sheltered' from a family health problem at home. So in this relatively small town my cousins showed me this album presuming that as a big city boy I'd be on top of it. I'd never heard of these guys. my sister loved it and all I could think about was hockey and comic books.:):eek::D

Attachments

• with-the-beatles[1].jpg
    with-the-beatles[1].jpg
    3 KB · Views: 148
Thanks Brad, I checked it out on the net and also saw on google map that the bus stop is close to F. Dickinson University. I have the schedule and fares. Unless someone let's me know of a submarine service across the Hudson or an inexpensive helicopter possibility, this is it :).

Russell:

Three NJ Transit Buses stop in Hackensack at River Street & Anderson St (across from the Sears building). The show is an easy walk north of the bus stop.

From the PABT in Midtown: Bus #155/168 Paramus/Ridgefield Park/New York, departs PABT at 8:30 arrives in Hackensack at River St & Anderson St across from the Sears building at 9:28 am.

From the PABT in Midtown: Bus #165 Westwood/New York, Departs PABT at 8:10, arrives in Hackensack at River St & Anderson St across from the Sears building at 8:55 am.

From the G.W. Bridge Bus Terminal: Bus #178/182 Hackensack/New York, Departs GWB at 10:35, arrives in Hackensack at River St & Anderson St across from the Sears building at 11:12 am.

From the bus stop, walk north on River St and then turn right at either University Place, or Temple Ave and walk directly to the Rothman Center show site.

Hope this helps,
Bill

The Rothman Center, where the Show is held, is on the campus of Fairleigh Dickinson University (Metropolitan Campus) in Teaneck (not sure why it's called the Hackensack Show).

Actually, the Rothman Center, while part of the Metropolitan Campus, is located in Hackensack, NJ. Teaneck is on the other side of the Hackensack, River.

Bill

Thank you both. My wife is delighted. The last time we went, she found out there was no shopping :eek: in NJ on Sunday. Now it appears a solution has been found. :)

Thank you both. My wife is delighted. The last time we went, she found out there was no shopping :eek: in NJ on Sunday. Now it appears a solution has been found. :)

That can be a double edged sword :D

We are there for the weekend- my daughter is turning 10- going to Carlo's bakery and manhattan Saturday and then the show on Sunday. I would echo everything Jazzeum and William S Grey said- the buses run lean and mean and she should be able to get in and out with little problems.

I thought the malls in that part of NJ were open but maybe not. I know they are in the county I live in (Morris).

Hi Brad, You wrote,
I thought the malls in that part of NJ were open but maybe not. I know they are in the county I live in (Morris).

I had no idea other parts of NJ might be open on Sundays. Here in Qc it's one policy for the whole province.

I have this really really bad feeling I am coming into this thing woefully underfunded.

It was bad enough I had to go to the American Girl Doll store in NYC over Labor Day weekend and carry my wife's purse around for 2 hours while she shopped for our daughter (and yes, got our daughter's doll a haircut!! :eek::eek:). Now, it's looking like I will be stuck doing the same on Saturday afternoon and then going to the show with slightly enough benjamins to pay for admission..............

.......oh the horror!!! :D

Hi Brad, You wrote,

I had no idea other parts of NJ might be open on Sundays. Here in Qc it's one policy for the whole province.

Things like that can vary from county to county and from one borough/township/town to the next, though it's rarer and rarer to find places that have "blue laws" on the books, probably more likely to find a municipality that regulates alcohol, before store hours.

For what it's worth, there are a couple of shopping centers along Route 4, I think it is, the highway you travel if you're coming from the west and up or down the Garden State Parkway, to get to Hackensack Avenue, on which the campus is located. I think they're open Sundays, if I remember correctly. Of course, they're all closed, when I drive by on the way up, but I'm usually heading home around 1 or 2 PM, and they're open by then.

Prost!
Brad

JR. Cigars will be open on Route 17. VERY LARGE SELECTION of cigars in their walk in humidor. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back