Happy Independence Day. (1 Viewer)

Happy Independence Day! And a special thank you for all of you who have served in the armed forces and made this day possible!

I read that 64 people were shot in Chicago over the holiday weekend. Even Big Al couldn't touch that. That's astounding. And hardly a blip in the news. They only report shootings if they are terrorist related. Whatever is going on there is not good and apparently not getting any better.

I read that 64 people were shot in Chicago over the holiday weekend. Even Big Al couldn't touch that. That's astounding. And hardly a blip in the news. They only report shootings if they are terrorist related. Whatever is going on there is not good and apparently not getting any better.

Best luck and happy trails to anyone attending the world figure expo in downtown Chicago next weekend, make sure to pack your bullet proof vest.

And before anyone tells me that hotel is a in good section of Chicago and not to worry, that's like the US Cavalry command telling Custer the area around Little Big Horn is populated by little kids and old ladies, not to worry.............................

Best luck and happy trails to anyone attending the world figure expo in downtown Chicago next weekend, make sure to pack your bullet proof vest.

And before anyone tells me that hotel is a in good section of Chicago and not to worry, that's like the US Cavalry command telling Custer the area around Little Big Horn is populated by little kids and old ladies, not to worry.............................

I spoke too soon. Apparently the victims are still being counted. The total is now over 100. They should have Jerry Lewis sing "Send in the Clowns" like on his marathon when they get a final tally. The police don't exactly inspire confidence in this article. I love the part where they state one night was relatively quiet because only 17 people were shot.

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-94015627/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back