HaT 1/32 7YW Painted Test Shots with Comparisons (1 Viewer)

Oldallamerican

Private 1st Class
The title says it all, I think; except that I was (as the old folks used to say) "tickled" (pleased) to receive a couple test shots of the new 1/32 Grenadiers, thus fulfilling my wish to "get my brush" on them. I think a picture is worth a thousand words.

FRONT

BACK

COMPARISON SHOTS WITH OPPOSING FORCES:

COMPARISON SHOTS WITH OTHER COMPANIES

JR6tJfU.jpg

IpFqNQi.jpg

I think they stack up rather well and will be great additions to 1/32 18th Century Era Plastics as they (particularly the fusiliers) will work well as other armies. I've been using their Prussians as Hessians in my ARW scenarios - now the Prussians can fight Austrians on other battlefields - and if I can ever get to painting my AIP French...

Thank you. I hope they decide to go forward with them. I saw the 1/72 painted test shots on the Hat site this weekend so I am hoping the whole Austrian effort has some momentum.

Are there some images missing? I only see two, but there are more captions than that in your post.

Prost!
Brad

The news gets better. The three sets are approved for production.

Thank you for updating the photos. The comparison shots are informative. It would not surprise me if some of those bearskins wound up on AIP French bodies.

The Austrians look like they will go with the Prussians and most existing 18th C. sets.

The loading pose looks more like the pose they initially showed for the Fusilier. His pack also needs some work.

I think they go well with the figures they're supposed to go with - I want to drag out some of my Barzso ARW guys and see how they compare. I'm in big for these guys. I think they'll go well as any number of armies currently lacking from the era - particularly the fusiliers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back