hat industrie NEW FRENCH NAPOLEONICS (1 Viewer)

9thHussar

Sergeant
Have a look at the hat website and their new 1/32nd French Napoleonic Light Infantry sets - they look absolutely stunning - 4 sets 0f 6 poses - Carabiniers in tall bearskins, chasseurs in shakos and Voltigeurs in fur colpacks plus a 4th set of command officers and Senior NCO figures. They come with backpacks to glue on - the detail is excellent - cant wait to paint them. They are due out soon-ish over next months or so I imagine!
They cover the period 1805-1812/13, but have excellent conversion potential - the voltigeurs could be painted up as Nassau Grenadiers at Waterloo 1815. I reckon that more Napoleonic sets are to follow and a British Infantry set is listed but not yet any photos or drawings are showing

Regards,
9thHussar

Thanks for the update 9thHussar cant wait to have a look at them.
keep the Napoleonics comming i say :D

Thanks for the update 9thHussar cant wait to have a look at them.
keep the Napoleonics comming i say :D
Yes that is a great update. I must say the detail on these figures seems to me to be a cut above (or several) that of some of their other figures, like the Greeks and Romans. Whoever is doing their modeling now deserves a bonus.;):D

The Command set looks great (the flag is a little week) but i can live with that its not like there a lot of flag guys in plastic :mad:.
I also like the idea of 18 figs in 6 poses.... much better then there older sets of 16 in 4 poses.
bx9305c.jpg

Hey - I am not brilliant with the maths, but with the head swaps potential between the 24 poses that makes a large number of variants to swell the ranks if you buy several boxes
absolutely excellent figures
Regards,
9thHussar

The Carabinier soldier with the half pike is correct as the attachment is actually a pennant not a flag and is in scale - I have seen this in a re-enactment Napoleonic living history unit in the UK - 21st French Line 1805-1815 period
Regards,
9thHussar

Hey - I am not brilliant with the maths, but with the head swaps potential between the 24 poses that makes a large number of variants to swell the ranks if you buy several boxes
absolutely excellent figures
Regards,
9thHussar
I must confess to knowing little to nothing about modifying these figures but how would you go about a head swap and would that also apply to arms and weapons?

Hi
converting them should be easy enough - head swaps and head movement etc..
When I have some completed then I will submit photos, but will be a few months away
Regards,
9thHussar

The Carabinier soldier with the half pike is correct as the attachment is actually a pennant not a flag and is in scale - I have seen this in a re-enactment Napoleonic living history unit in the UK - 21st French Line 1805-1815 period
Regards,
9thHussar

Thanks for the info 9th... that clears that up then :).
I can se myself buying just the one set of command and a few boxes of infantry.
p.s
Bring on the Brits :D im hopeing for some belgic shako's but i guess we will have to wait and se until they get there Masters done.

I have test sprues of 3 sets, Command, Carabiniers and Voltigeurs and they are excellent, IMHO. I had accumulated Airfix and other older makes for a Light Infantry Waterloo Group project but I will be switching to these guys now. The detail is crisp without being over sharp, and the plug on packs will make doing figures without them easy. They are also planning a set in greatcoats, which is more good news.

As to head swaps, it couldn't be easier. Slice through the neck of the 2 figures with a large craft knife [Stanley type in the UK] in one clean cut. Cut the head off a pin, push the cut end into the head with a pair of snipe nosed pliers; push the pin into the new neck using the pliers until they are in the way, then using the head itself. Run some thin superglue into the join and set with an activator. If there is a gap, or the collar isn't right, remake with a small roll of modelling putty, smoothed into place with the side of a modelling tool [use hand cream to stop it sticking to the tool, and to smooth out - its much better than water.]

Hi Mike

please post some photos when your conversions are completed. I have seen your models before and they are excellent quality.

I use the pin method too in a slightly different way.

The greatcoats versions should be good - just hope that the recession doesnt affect the future plans of all the model manufacturers

Regards,
9thHussar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back