hat Napoleonic French Light Infantry (1 Viewer)

9thHussar

Sergeant
hi

check out the hat website for details of their most excellent and superb French Light Infantry - there are Chasseurs and Carabiniers and Voltigeurs - 8 of each all in different poses with seperate backpacks for the men. Some super poses and easy to do headswaps so as to create many variations.

Absolute perfection and 18 figures per box covering the period approx 1807-1812. Better than most metal figures and a hell of a lot more economical in my opinion.

www.hat.com

Enjoy
9thHussar

hi

check out the hat website for details of their most excellent and superb French Light Infantry - there are Chasseurs and Carabiniers and Voltigeurs - 8 of each all in different poses with seperate backpacks for the men. Some super poses and easy to do headswaps so as to create many variations.

Absolute perfection and 18 figures per box covering the period approx 1807-1812. Better than most metal figures and a hell of a lot more economical in my opinion.

www.hat.com

Enjoy
9thHussar
They do look quite nice if you can paint; if not, well I still have a few hundred plastic Spartans in the box.:(;)

Hi

I will post pics of painted figures when completed
Regards,
Dave
9thHussar

9thHussar,

What Color (colour) is the plastic? I hope it's blue.

Hi Scott

the ones that I have seen are a mid gray colour, but they are test shots so I am not sure what colours the production run figures will be, although the hat 1/32 zouaves were available in several colours.

Regards,
9thHussar

Hi Scott

the ones that I have seen are a mid gray colour, but they are test shots so I am not sure what colours the production run figures will be, although the hat 1/32 zouaves were available in several colours.

Regards,
9thHussar

Thank you. I'm hoping a good mid to dark blue. I just like "playing" with figures out of the box.

Hi Scott

I am wondering why US collectors dont paint the figures - is this something left over from when you were bought the figures as kids - in Britain we always tried to paint the figures generally, although some of the early paint jobs were much to be desired!

happy collecting
Regards, Dave
9thHussar

I painted metals for many years and I used to sell painted figures to gift shops. I just dried up on painting. The plastics allow me to set up massed troops according to the manuals and tactics, then put the figures into storage w/o damaging a paint job.

It might be that US plastic collectors ARE reliving the 50s and 60s when playsets were mainstream toys.

The Light Infantry all look splendid and are much needed . I see at least 6 boxes in my future. One BIG battalion at least. Painted! That is if I dont drift off to something else before I'm finished.
When i started recollecting plastics after years of 15mm wargames, my kids and I would line up massed ranks all over the family room floor and use little toy catapults firing peanut MnM's for ammo. knocking down all the ranks.
One day, I decided to paint and Armies in Plastic RHA gun and crew.
Then some Hat Dragoons.Never stopped.Too much fun.
fub

Hi Fubar

excellent stuff - I have spent a cold frosty day indoors painting and will post photos when done. We are having a bad winter so far with respect to the weather, which I dont mind as it means lots of painting time in my little box room.

Regards,
9thHussar

9th,

These units are different from the usual line-infantry or Old Guard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back