Hi Guys! (1 Viewer)

CanesBart

Private 2
I'm Bart.

I'm a 15mm Wargamer (Mostly Colonial and Horror) and modeler (Mostly TV and Movie cars, WWII armor, planes and Sci fi/horror), but my first love is making terrain, especially buildings, in all scales.

I had just completed a huge, 5x10 table of Peking for 15mm Boxer gaming (hundreds of buildings, tons of figures) when the hurricane hit. I boxed up all my wargaming stuff to avoid the flooding (Vero Beach flooded badly), and focused on creating some 54mm play sets for my grand daughter for Christmas.

Well, I was bitten by the plastic figure bug (again). Got out my old playsets, and started adding to them and scratchbuilding.

My normal eras sets are pretty much complete. My new thing is creating Horror and Sci Fi Movie play sets. Just love searching for figures, proxies and conversion figs, and building the terrain.

So far, I have 90% completed "The Thing" and "Creature From The Black lagoon" sets (proud of my scratchbuilt "Rita" ship, and the Arctic buildings), and maybe 50% complete "Them", "Plan 9 From Outer Space", "Humanoids From The Deep" and others. I have the Evil Dead Cabin in 54mm planned out, just need to find figures!

When I learn to post pics here, I will show y'all.

Anyway, glad to find y'all. 54mm plastics are great fun. After painting thousands of 15mm figures, and building thousands of structures to high standards, its just so nice to improvise and crank out play set style stuff, and not have to paint and base figures.

So, I'll make up for my likely "Where can I find -----?" questions by posting some How To's and easy terrain tricks. :)

Thank you

Welcome to the forum, Bart!

My entry into the hobby was through Airfix 1/72 Napoleonic and HO scale Roman and Briton figures, back in the day. One day, I made a plaster mold of some of the figures and cast them in lead from old tire weights. That was my move into metal figures.

I look forward to seeing your dioramas and your techniques for scene work.

Prost!
Brad

Welcome to the Forum.
Always nice to have new people who bring new talent and experiences.

--- LaRRy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back