Hichliffe - Larrey Light Ambulance - remake. (1 Viewer)

Obee

Captain
Last year I saw this Hinchliffe French Napoleonic Larrey Light Ambulance and Attendants for sale on Ebay at a very good price, even though it was is a badly broken state.

ebay amb.jpg

I could see the possibility of resurrection as most of the parts seemed to be there, so placed the only bid, and won :)

Early this year I decided that it was time to commence the clean up of the kit, so it was stripped, using paint stripper, which also loosened the glue, and I was then able to extract all of the parts.

ambo parts.jpg

Also the horse and drivers needed the same treatment !

ambo drivers.jpg

I found that a lot of the horses reins and leads were missing as well as chains but they can easily be replaced from my spares box.

Now it is on with the clean up of all parts before assembly ........

More to follow next week ...

John

Nice piece, John! But then, pretty much everything in the Hinchliffe catalog is nice ;) We can see the quality of the sculpting and casting, as you get the paint off. A worthy project, and I look forward to the next update!

Prost!
Brad

Another promising project John. I'm looking forward to seeing the final results!

Brendan

Got some work done last week on the assembly and started painting the drivers first ...

coming on nicely now :)

ambo paint1.jpg

John

I have now completed the painting and rigging of the horses to be able to move this Ambulance onto the battlefield.

larrey_amb.jpg

One really great thing with this ambulance is that the doors can open and the steps be lowered,

Larrey_back.jpg

unlike the John Jenkins version below, which I also have in my collection.

ambo 2.jpg
The lead horse and the 2 drivers are resin master that John kindly gave to me and I painted to match his rear horse and ambulance.

I now plan of getting some wounded Frenchmen (3D printed by Speria Miniatures) to add to this vehicle, so keep a lookout for that later this year.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back