Hitting The Beach! (1 Viewer)

King & Country

1st Lieutenant
Hi Guys,

In a 1964 interview, former President and Supreme Allied Commander of the Normandy invasion, Dwight D. Eisenhower mentioned one of the most important war-winning weapons of the Second World War... the humble ‘Higgins Boat’.

Andrew J. Higgins designed and built these Landing Craft that could put troops onto an open beach anywhere, anytime. Without these LCVPs, “The whole strategy of the war would have been very different... and much more difficult!”

That’s just one of the many reasons that K&C produced this particular landing craft, along with many figures and fighting vehicles that help depict the events of 6 June 1944 and its aftermath.

All the best,
Kin@King & Country

2024-05-31_900.jpg

Looks great Andy. I don't have the British landing craft, but do have the American and is a great piece. The British version much more colorful though!

Mate amazing, I hardly touch WW2 but appreciate so much what you do for us. I cant collect everything but i still love looking at it like a kid in a candy shop

I have to agree with everyone that the K&C LCVP/Higgins Boat is definitely a great model! It is one of my favorite K&C sets and I even commissioned a custom display mat from Build-A-Rama so I could display mine in action. The pics below are how my setup appeared way back in June 2020.

IMG-0563.jpg

IMG-0564.jpg

IMG-0565.jpg

IMG-0566.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back