Hocker masterpiece (1 Viewer)

jackson

Private
Greetings all,

I've collected a variety of makers for years and have a number of Bill Hocker's NWF sets and a few Sudan sets but I haven't been this excited in a long time. I don't know if anyone ever posted this one before but, if so, this is the encore. Attached are pictures of Hocker Set 100. I recently acquired this at auction and UPS delivered it yesterday. There is paperwork in the box indicating that only 33 off these sets were produced before the boxes ran out in 2008. This one was signed in 1993. Bill's work is just extraordinary and, in this case, arguably timeless. Enjoy the pictures.

Kind regards.

jackson

Picture 100 001.jpgPicture 100 003.jpgPicture 100.jpgPicture 100 002.jpg

A most impressive set to say the least! ^&cool Congratulations on your purchase {bravo}}

Jeff

That is awesome. I would be afraid to take them out of the boxes

What a beautiful, awesome, unique set! Congratulations John on your find.

Mike

This is set is stand alone collection ! Outstanding acquisition.
Kirk

Thanks to all who took the time to enjoy and reply... it is remarkable work. I found a copy of one of the original Hocker ads for the set in an early 1993 issue of Old Toy Soldier. I thought it would be worth adding to the post.

A Hocker trivia question if I may... Set 100 includes Sets 101-116 and six additional figures available only with this set. Curiously, the box label lists all of the regiments included in the set except one. Which one is not listed on the label?

Hocker 100 scan.jpg

Set 101, The 1st Life Guards, is not listed on the label.

Kind regards.

jackson

Hi Jackson,

I have been a huge fan of Mr. Hocker's work for many years and I cannot help but feel your new acquisition is a dream come true. What an incredible set to add to one's collection! Not only do you have my highest compliments for a spectacular acquisition, you have my greatest appreciation for sharing this amazing set with us. It is beautiful!

Warmest personal regards,

Pat {bravo}}

Hi Jackson,

I have been a huge fan of Mr. Hocker's work for many years and I cannot help but feel your new acquisition is a dream come true. What an incredible set to add to one's collection! Not only do you have my highest compliments for a spectacular acquisition, you have my greatest appreciation for sharing this amazing set with us. It is beautiful!

Warmest personal regards,

Pat {bravo}}

Thank you, kind sir. I'm glad that you enjoyed the pictures. It is a dream set in my mind but, I confess, I'm already feeling the urge to order more sets from the Diamond Jubilee series. I've been looking for an excuse to order the 3rd Dragoon Guards band for some time. I really like mounted bands with drum horses.

Kind regards.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back