Hocker News (1 Viewer)

jazzeum

Four Star General
For the information of Hocker fans:

I received the following email from Wm. Hocker that they may not be producing many more sets:

And the bad news: After 27 years, our company's key employee has decided to pursue a well-deserved retirement to spend more time with her 11 grandchildren. What this means for the future of Wm. Hocker Toy Soldiers is unclear at present. As you can imagine, a skilled and patient hand-craft artisan in America in the 21st century is rare, and it is likely that our production capacity will be substantially reduced. For the time being, we will be offering the remaining sets in inventory at the normal set price, rather than the discounted price, while they last. We will continue to produce orders for sets not in stock (if the rate of orders is consistent with past experience) perhaps with some increase in the wait-time.

We will, of course, soldier on and hope to provide our quality goods, at some level of production, as long as yours truly is able.​

It would be a shame if this company were to disappear.

For the information of Hocker fans:

I received the following email from Wm. Hocker that they may not be producing many more sets:

And the bad news: After 27 years, our company's key employee has decided to pursue a well-deserved retirement to spend more time with her 11 grandchildren. What this means for the future of Wm. Hocker Toy Soldiers is unclear at present. As you can imagine, a skilled and patient hand-craft artisan in America in the 21st century is rare, and it is likely that our production capacity will be substantially reduced. For the time being, we will be offering the remaining sets in inventory at the normal set price, rather than the discounted price, while they last. We will continue to produce orders for sets not in stock (if the rate of orders is consistent with past experience) perhaps with some increase in the wait-time.

We will, of course, soldier on and hope to provide our quality goods, at some level of production, as long as yours truly is able.​

It would be a shame if this company were to disappear.

Hi Brad,

I received the same information and, of course, the situation does give rise to some concern. I may have the opportunity to discuss the issue with Mr. Hocker when I see him in Chicago. I will let everyone know if I learn anything more.

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

Hi Brad,

I received the same information and, of course, the situation does give rise to some concern. I may have the opportunity to discuss the issue with Mr. Hocker when I see him in Chicago. I will let everyone know if I learn anything more.

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

Just an idea Pat - if you do get the opportunity to speak to Bill Hocker - maybe you might suggest that he might consider offering some of his figures for sale as unpainted castings. I know (from fellow painter friends of mine), that many of us would love the chance to purchase some of his excellent figures - to paint for ourselves.

Just a thought - Johnnybach.

Pat, good luck and I look forward to hearing what else Mr. Hocker may have to say.

Brad

It would indeed be a shame for the toy soldier community to lose Bill Hocker, however, it sounds like he will continue to operate, but at a more limited pace than in the past. So, the news is not as bad as it could be.

Photos of new WW1 sets/prototypes?

Did anyone take photos of the new Great War / WW1 toy soldier prototype sets Mr. Hocker said he'd show to the public at the 2018 Chicago Toy Soldier Show? (set #s 493-513)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back