Hocker Set- King's Own Scotish Border (1 Viewer)

Leadmen

2nd Lieutenant
William Hocker set #3. KOSB Maxim Gun Detachment No.3. I wanted this set and got it at Chicago Show. Leadmen

Attachments

• Hock1w.jpg
    Hock1w.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 304
Another picture of Hocker's figures.

Attachments

• Hock2w.jpg
    Hock2w.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 210
I have a whole bunch of those glossy sheets from the nineties. They really are nice to have. Congrats on the Hocker set. I have a few though I did not pick any up this year. No elephaants :(

William Hocker set #3. KOSB Maxim Gun Detachment No.3. I wanted this set and got it at Chicago Show. Leadmen

Hi John,

That is a seriously nice Hocker set you acquired. Congratulations! It is a wonderful addition to your collection and I am glad you have the set.

Thanks for sharing the set with us!

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

Hi John
Thats a nice looking set , I realy like the pictures of Hockers stuff[ never seen it first hand ]. It looks like they cover some nice traditional sets.
For some reason though I,ve had real trouble navigatinig their web site so
have only ever seen bits and pieces of their range.
Regards Rob

I would love to pick up Hocker's stuff for Zululand and Sudan. Ebay usually gets nuts on price. What I do not understand about buying from them direct ,is that if they list it in stock, you get a hefty discount..If it is an order item, you pay full retail. It makes sense to wait then, until they make something, but how many sales, he must lose, because of that current marketing.? Michael

I would love to pick up Hocker's stuff for Zululand and Sudan. Ebay usually gets nuts on price. What I do not understand about buying from them direct ,is that if they list it in stock, you get a hefty discount..If it is an order item, you pay full retail. It makes sense to wait then, until they make something, but how many sales, he must lose, because of that current marketing.? Michael

Michael,

Bill sells his sets at the West Coaster and Chicago at a discount. I believe they are $140 or $145 instead of the regular retail of $160.

Some people just can not wait. I can . All I have to do is drive across the bay;)

I think that Bill likes to move the sets he has in stock. I think that the discount is about 10%.

I have heard some say that Bill's set are priced kinda on the high side. I would disagree if you consider that they are created, cast & painted in the USA. I also like the fact that for the exception of a few special editions, all of his sets are still available. These factors alone make his sets a favorite of mine.

I think that Bill likes to move the sets he has in stock. I think that the discount is about 10%.

I have heard some say that Bill's set are priced kinda on the high side. I would disagree if you consider that they are created, cast & painted in the USA. I also like the fact that for the exception of a few special editions, all of his sets are still available. These factors alone make his sets a favorite of mine.

We hope you will share photos of some of your Hocker collection. So many of his subjects are unique. I love the Victorian Army At Ease series. I hope someday he will do an Anglo-Indian cricket match to go with his polo and hunting sets. What WH do you collect?

Randy

I agree with skeeterbuck when he writes ...

I'm guessing here but maybe moving the 'in stock' sets permits him to keep his painters working. I too like the fact that the sets are not discontinued after a very limited time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back