Hougoumont... (1 Viewer)

MarkeytMaker

Sergeant Major
Has anybody seen the JG Hougoumont in person or own it? I'm interested in this piece and would like some feedback.

Markey

Attachments

• JG1.jpg
    JG1.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 2,964
  • JG2 (Medium).jpg
    JG2 (Medium).jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 2,522
Don't own it, but seen it a few times in the flesh, and it is one awesomely impressive bit of kit. The detail on this is superb (as you expect with JG's stuff) and it is just massive. I think Matt of FL said he was planning something with this set up, can't wait to see it 'filled up' with troops.

I ordered one last year for the OTSN show; didn't last a day in my rooms before someone bought it, wish I had ordered two as i really liked the display.

You will not be disappointed should you decide to take the plunge; what is great about it is you can use it with Napoleonics, WWI and WWII troops as well, truly a show stopper.................

I ordered one last year for the OTSN show; didn't last a day in my rooms before someone bought it, wish I had ordered two as i really liked the display.

You will not be disappointed should you decide to take the plunge; what is great about it is you can use it with Napoleonics, WWI and WWII troops as well, truly a show stopper.................
Well, it is on my hit list for sure...I'm favoring the idea of large scale diorama's since I will have my display cabinets built to spec. I look forward to providing photos of what I will have accomplished.

Hi there!
I talked to John for some time during the December London event, and also chatted about this model a bit.
I looked at it pretty closely at the various components and must say that it is really first rate. It would be very worthwhile adding this to your collection if you have the space.
Take a look at the Denis Dighton painting of the Guards attacking the French at the South gate and I am sure you will be inspired.
All the Best!
Ken Osen/Hudson & Allen Studio

Good question, also are there any platforms for firing available or could they be madeas a special order as i have quite the trophy waterloo set up but use the foam hougemont thats out there.

Good question, also are there any platforms for firing available or could they be madeas a special order as i have quite the trophy waterloo set up but use the foam hougemont thats out there.
You should probably email John for the fastest response. I do know that the house has a removable roof and firing postions at all levels.

Very nice and thats just the Gardeners house lets se the main Chateau :D

I was thinking about purchasing the "wall set". Does anyone know how First Legion Naps size up to it?

I was thinking about purchasing the "wall set". Does anyone know how First Legion Naps size up to it?

IMO they look Beautiful together {bravo}}

waterloo1-1.jpg

Regards Gebhard

Dear froggers;
Indeed the 3 pieces already available are beautiful. John has confirmed me two years ago that he had the intention to do the whole farm!
I'm waiting for other pieces but I'm a little bit worried that the fire is out of this masterproject...
Best regards;
Eddy
(only 45 km distance between my home and the real Hougoumont farm and I can tell you that the model is reflecting 100% the gateside)

Dear froggers;
Indeed the 3 pieces already available are beautiful. John has confirmed me two years ago that he had the intention to do the whole farm!
I'm waiting for other pieces but I'm a little bit worried that the fire is out of this masterproject...
Best regards;
Eddy
(only 45 km distance between my home and the real Hougoumont farm and I can tell you that the model is reflecting 100% the gateside)

Nick of Crown Military Miniatures is nearing completion of the Chateau. He IS planning on the whole thing. Lucky you- I love that place!

John Gittins has mailed that Hougoumont will continue:rolleyes:
This year the pigstry and other buildings will follow!
Can't wait to see them.:tongue:
Eddy

dear froggers;
indeed the 3 pieces already available are beautiful. John has confirmed me two years ago that he had the intention to do the whole farm!
I'm waiting for other pieces but i'm a little bit worried that the fire is out of this masterproject...
Best regards;
eddy
(only 45 km distance between my home and the real hougoumont farm and i can tell you that the model is reflecting 100% the gateside)

just wondering if trophy figures would go with the buildings and is he making any firing platforms for behind the walls. I have a huge trophy waterloo scene of over 1000 figures but have been using the foam cts piece. I wold really like to up grade

Users who are viewing this thread

Back