How I would display First Legion with K&C Napoleonics (1 Viewer)

HistoryfortheAges

Staff Sergeant
I do not have any First Legion Napoleonic figures as of yet... waiting for the British Guards to come out! Nevertheless, I won't be displaying First Legion Guard figures with K&C Guard figures in the same square. It just wouldn't seem right in my view. What I would do, is create a second square or portion of a square flanking the First Legion square that contains solely K&C figures. I think this would make the scene more esthetically correct, if that's possible in a battle scene... Also, this would work well because the K&C Guards represent the 2nd regiment whereas First Legion's represent the 1st regiment. I also, have K&C's Highlander 42nd regiment figures which I will use to form another portion of a square on the opposite flank. Any thoughts? :)

I do not have any First Legion Napoleonic figures as of yet... waiting for the British Guards to come out! Nevertheless, I won't be displaying First Legion Guard figures with K&C Guard figures in the same square. It just wouldn't seem right in my view. What I would do, is create a second square or portion of a square flanking the First Legion square that contains solely K&C figures. I think this would make the scene more esthetically correct, if that's possible in a battle scene... Also, this would work well because the K&C Guards represent the 2nd regiment whereas First Legion's represent the 1st regiment. I also, have K&C's Highlander 42nd regiment figures which I will use to form another portion of a square on the opposite flank. Any thoughts? :)

I think you have an interesting approach and one that would work well. Between the squares, you could put a few of our forthcoming 9lb British Foot Artillery manning their guns until the last second! Of course, my answer would be to wait until First Legion releases it's highlanders square sometime in the future for the second square!!! :D For now, however, I wouldn't put them in the same square for sure, and you'll see why once you do actually have one of our figures, but i think they would work well in the same display as you have mentioned. Really, it's all about personal preference and there is no right or wrong answer to this.

I do not have any First Legion Napoleonic figures as of yet... waiting for the British Guards to come out!

The wait may be shorter than anticipated. I was just at the factory today and low and behold it looks as though the figures may actually be done a month EARLY! I'm hesitant to fully commit to this yet, though it is highly likely that the pre-order will move up to December 18th and the ship date in mid-January.... The closer we get, the more excited I am about this. Having seen the figures today, they really look absolutely fantastic. I couldn't be happier with them. The painting is really on a another level....

Regards,

Matt
First Legion Ltd

I think your approach is sound and it sounds like it should satisfy your artistic sence and be most historically accurate. IMHO however, it would certainly not be inaesthetic to mix them otherwise. The unit observations are certainly valid but budget concerns and my flexible view of historical variation would not constrain me. Of course, I have few K&C Guards so thesecond square option would not be open to me. I do have plans to use them beyond the square formation, which of course is their intended role, since they just look so good and I enjoy deviations from any one theme in display and the what if as well as the what was. In this, I may place them with K&C King's Germans ans or in opposition to 1st Legion French infantry for example. The point is there is no wrong answer, only many good answers and I think the more you have, the more you may want.;) I think you will see why when you get your first set.

It is really great news to hear they may be pre-ordered in December. Christmas may be closer to normal afterall.:D

Thanks for the update on the progress of the Guards... I'll be saving some of my soldier budget for these and the artillery set too! I'll be mixing these in with my current collection of Figurine Emporium figures that I had picked-up at the Chicago show a few years ago. These were also, Guard troops of the 1st regiment and are uncanny as how much they resemble First Legion troops with the trademark square bases. This leads me to another question, are the bases marked and dated?

This leads me to another question, are the bases marked and dated?

The bases are marked with with the figure code and our logo. There have been a few exceptions to this with prior releases, but this is generally the norm and is the case with the British Guards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back