I Am Become Death (1 Viewer)

King & Country

1st Lieutenant
Hi Guys,

Of all the movies about VIETNAM that I’ve seen the one particular movie I keep coming back to is “FULL METAL JACKET”.

For me it’s simply the best! I’m a big Stanley Kubrick fan and I think this is one of his masterpieces.

In ‘Full Metal Jacket’ there are plenty of memorable characters... Gunnery Sgt. Hartmann (the late, great R. Lee Ermey)... ‘Joker’ (Mathew Modine)... ‘Cowboy’... ‘Eight Ball’... ‘Rafterman’ and, of course, ‘Gomer Pyle’.

In the second half of the movie, the ‘Vietnam’ half, one of the very best characterisations is ‘Animal Mother’ played by Adam Baldwin.

Many of us who have served in the military have known guys like ‘Animal’... Dangerous to get on the wrong side of... but outstanding in a firefight!

Ever since we began this latest ‘VIETNAM’ range I’ve wanted to produce ‘Animal Mother’ well here he is and doing what he does best... charging that Gook sniper! He will be available in a couple of months.

In the meantime... Semper Fi... and have a great weekend,

Andy

VN_20200724_900.jpg

VN_20200724_02_900.jpg

Yep outstanding, Animal Mother will be finding a home in my collection for sure ! :salute::

Steve

Wow. Well done Andy. This figure is on my must have list. That movie is definitely a classic. What a lot of fans don't realize was R. Lee Emery's first movie as a Drill Sgt was The Boys in Company C. That movie is also a must see classic for all who have not seen it. Classic Emery not too far removed from the military.

Wow. Well done Andy. This figure is on my must have list. That movie is definitely a classic. What a lot of fans don't realize was R. Lee Emery's first movie as a Drill Sgt was The Boys in Company C. That movie is also a must see classic for all who have not seen it. Classic Emery not too far removed from the military.

R. Lee Emery was in a couple of other Vietnam War films too, "Siege of Firebase Gloria" and "Apocalypse Now" where he was very briefly seen as a OH6 pilot if I remember right.

Perhaps Andy would consider doing another figure though in Vietnam this time of his friend Dale Dye, when he was in real life a Combat Photographer in Hue.

Steve

Another great set of movies. I was surprised to learn that there are quite a few who never knew or heard of the Movie Boys in Company C.

Another great set of movies. I was surprised to learn that there are quite a few who never knew or heard of the Movie Boys in Company C.

Yeah and how about a Tyrone Washington figure from that movie !

Steve

Very beautiful figure!
one that definitely wants to have in my collection !!!
😁👍👍

Harry🤠👍

Hi Guys,

Of all the movies about VIETNAM that I’ve seen the one particular movie I keep coming back to is “FULL METAL JACKET”.

For me it’s simply the best! I’m a big Stanley Kubrick fan and I think this is one of his masterpieces.

In ‘Full Metal Jacket’ there are plenty of memorable characters... Gunnery Sgt. Hartmann (the late, great R. Lee Ermey)... ‘Joker’ (Mathew Modine)... ‘Cowboy’... ‘Eight Ball’... ‘Rafterman’ and, of course, ‘Gomer Pyle’.

In the second half of the movie, the ‘Vietnam’ half, one of the very best characterisations is ‘Animal Mother’ played by Adam Baldwin.

Many of us who have served in the military have known guys like ‘Animal’... Dangerous to get on the wrong side of... but outstanding in a firefight!

Ever since we began this latest ‘VIETNAM’ range I’ve wanted to produce ‘Animal Mother’ well here he is and doing what he does best... charging that Gook sniper! He will be available in a couple of months.

In the meantime... Semper Fi... and have a great weekend,

Andy

View attachment 264377

View attachment 264378

Thanks Guys, very much appreciate your support and enthusiasm for our ‘Vietnam’ range...and the new figure of ‘Animal Mother’.

I saw ‘The Boys in Company C’ in Hong Kong when it first came out and thoroughly enjoyed it...I think it was a bit ahead of its time and never got the success it deserved. Need to see it again some time soon.

One of my own personal disappointments was never meeting ‘The Gunny’, R. Lee Ermey...
A buddy of mine in LA, Dan Gagliasso, worked at the same film company that made ‘Mail Call’, Lee’s TV series and tried to fix up a lunch or a dinner with both of us but alas mutual priorities prevented it.
However, Dan was more successful with Capt. Dale Dye and we did meet up on quite a few occasions in LA and Dale was our ‘Guest of Honour & Speaker’ at one of our Texas Show Symposiums a couple of years back.

I would have been honoured if ‘The Gunny’ could have done that...He was one helluva good public speaker and...a great Marine!
Semper Fi and best weekend wishes,
Andy.

MANY THANKS DUKE...LOOK OUT FOR SOME MORE ‘FULL MTAL JACKET’ MARINES IN THE FUTURE!
All the best,
Andy.

This is magnificent news Andy !!!! I've been hoping for this for some time. although my favorite vietnam war movie is Platoon but second of course Full Metal Jacket! 😁👍👍 Andy, You Talk The Talk, And You do Walk The Walk?😁👍

Harry 🙏🏼

R. Lee Emery was in a couple of other Vietnam War films too, "Siege of Firebase Gloria" and "Apocalypse Now" where he was very briefly seen as a OH6 pilot if I remember right.

Perhaps Andy would consider doing another figure though in Vietnam this time of his friend Dale Dye, when he was in real life a Combat Photographer in Hue.

Steve

I'd forgot Dye played the part of the Captain in Platoon calling in fire on his own position !
And R. Lee Ermey had again played the part of the Drill Sgt in the TV scifi show, Space Above and Beyond !

You talk the talk. But do you walk the walk?

Well, I try my best...
Andy.
P.S.
When I was going through CTCRM (Commando Training Centre Royal Marines) back in 1972 one of the favourite sayings of our Drill Instructors was...
”It’s all a case of mind over matter...We don’t mind and you don’t matter!”
A.

Last edited:
Well, I try my best...
Andy.
P.S.
When I was going through CTCRM (Commando Training Centre Royal Marines) back in 1972 one of the favourite sayings of our Drill Instructors was...
”It’s all a case of mind over matter...We don’t mind and you don’t matter!”
A.

Animal Mother's line is one of my all time favorites. I use it fairly often in "real life".

Of course, the world's militaries generate many great quotes.

One I learned recently. GIs preparing for D-Day "renamed" the American-made "Landing Ships - Tanks", aka, LSTs, "Large Slow Targets".

This is great news, Animal Mother is one of my all time favorite characters from a war film.

"At least they died for a good cause"
"What cause is that?"
"Freedom"
"Flush out your head gear new guy, this is a ****ing slaughter; if I'm going to get my balls blown off for a word, my word is poontange"

"Animal Mother will be alright as long as he's got someone throwing hand grenades at him for the rest of his life"

The second half of that movie is incredible, so many classic lines............it was filmed in Ireland at an abandoned factory complex, plastic palm trees were flown in, they looked like ****, so real ones were used..................Michael Anthony Hall, aka, the Geek from Sixteen Candles originally was cast as Joker, he turned it down and Mathew Modine got the part.................."Does this mean Ann Margaret is not coming?".....................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back