I'm waiting for the new Britains for 2016 (1 Viewer)

Normandy1944

Sergeant Major
Hi Boys

I'm waiting for the new Britains for 2016 did anyone have an idea where they come?
it has been April 18!

Harry

Hopefully soon:rolleyes2:....I'm waiting on some of their British NAPS.

Wasn't there another post about the catalog being released next week? I think Ken said Ericka has them and getting them ready to ship.

I want to see federal cavalry

o2Ix.jpg

Francisco:salute::

That's a nice looking collection you have there Francisco. :salute::

I agree, nice collection Francisco and hopefully there will be more to add soon. Has anyone heard anything from WB lately? I mean the last couple of weeks as lately. Seems kind of quite with a new standard and catalog supposed to being mailed out soon. Chris

I haven't seen where they have taken out for joining the collectors club yet.
Mark

Thanks Mark, appreciate the information, guess we will just have to be patient but the silence is deafening. Chris

For the first time in 14 years I have not joined the collector club, number of reasons, firstly none of club figures interest me, secondly I was a bit peeved that less than 18 months later the sets were for sale at the London show to everyone, some cheaper......

There are no Britains sets I am collecting, I have all the War of the Nile sets, but this series seems to died and we are getting nothing new? I have nearly all the Clash of Empire range, but stopped when it morfed into the American Policing action or as it is also know the American War of Independent. This has taken away my appeal.

I do not like the new ranges,
Vikings - stiff sets and the poses do not seem natural.
WW2 - the American sets poses look terrible to me, 25040 looks like he has just got off a horse, 25045 looks like he doing an impression of a chicken trying to take off.......

Finally the unreliability of delivery and releases, it seems like the German 88mm gun has been about to be released for months........ It is nearly may and we have heard nothing in terms of a 2016 release list..........

This was on the Britains Collectors club uk site , so I suppose at least the standard has been finished.

Paulimage.jpeg

Yeah I have been waiting also.I don't understand how KC,TGM and Jenkins put so much out every month but seems like Britains is always months behind.I'm trying to give them the benefit of doubt this time with the change in ownership.I hope Ken and his group get things organized better.I don't want to see them called the new Conte.
Mark

For the first time in 14 years I have not joined the collector club, number of reasons, firstly none of club figures interest me, secondly I was a bit peeved that less than 18 months later the sets were for sale at the London show to everyone, some cheaper......

There are no Britains sets I am collecting, I have all the War of the Nile sets, but this series seems to died and we are getting nothing new? I have nearly all the Clash of Empire range, but stopped when it morfed into the American Policing action or as it is also know the American War of Independent. This has taken away my appeal.

I do not like the new ranges,
Vikings - stiff sets and the poses do not seem natural.
WW2 - the American sets poses look terrible to me, 25040 looks like he has just got off a horse, 25045 looks like he doing an impression of a chicken trying to take off.......

Finally the unreliability of delivery and releases, it seems like the German 88mm gun has been about to be released for months........ It is nearly may and we have heard nothing in terms of a 2016 release list..........

I have been told on two separate occasions the standard and club figures would arrive within days and nothing. Why show the standard on the site when collectors have been asking for it. Like rubbing your nose in it a bit. It does seem a large company like Britain's has always had these issues and should be better at releasing items. They have been around a wee while now

Except Britains actually RELEASES the items they show on their site.

I agree, but in the past so did Conte, it is very nearly may 16 and we have heard nothing or very little on the new releases and I cannot remember a time when this was the case, which has led me and I know others to stop buying. the market place is becoming more developed with companies such as Empire and Centurion, plus the newish Thomas Gunn. These relative new companies have been able to get their manufacturing right and have released numerous sets in the same period as we hear nothing from W Britains.

People only have limited disposable expenditure and with more choices out there I am taking mine to other companies who are producing for me better figures and series which just do not stop..........

Sorry do not agree with your Conte comment.

You do know the company was sold and moved half way across the country this year right? Just went through the catalogue. Across the whole range there are just 21 figures still waiting to be released, not too bad if you look at the amount of figures available.

I am sure the catalogue will be here soon. Currently all we are missing is a Standard as typically the figures don't arrive until May/June. The world won't end if it's a few months delayed.

Last edited:
I very much appreciate that Ken and his great team picked up the challenge and keep the good traditional name WBritain going {bravo}}
It is my belief that the company is in very good hands right now, run entirely by Toy Soldier enthusiasts.
So, a few weeks more or less, or even months, to receive a magazine or a few figures, that doesn't bother me.

I really , really wish them best of luck for the future and that the business in it's new constellation is a success :salute::

Cheers!

Konrad

As the two previous posters have said. With the company changing owners and the move of office, people, stock it's bound to take a while and I'm sure that soon.
So just a bit more patience is needed.
Regards
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back