Imperial Miniatures - New home for All the Queens Men (1 Viewer)

Imperial Miniatures

Private 1st Class
I am very happy to announce the launch of Imperial Miniatures, a new small UK based manufacturer of 54mm Toy Soldiers.

The majority of our figures come from the “All the Queen’s Men” ranges which were produced by Derek Cross until he retired in 2007 and which we acquired some ranges from in April 2015.

We currently have all the masters and moulds for the Colonial and British in India Ranges, along with some ordnance. Unfortunately, a lot of the old moulds are not usable, or the figures require too much cleanup after casting to be usable. We will be releasing the sets as we make new moulds and get them painted.

We do have access to all the AQM moulds and masters for all the other ranges through a local collector who has bought the entire range and so if there is something you particularly want from their range then please ask and we can see about producing those sets.

As well as AQM we will be producing our own sets which are intended to complement the AQM figures and cover other subjects.

All our figures are produced and painted in the UK.

You can see the initial sets we have ready at:

www.imperialminiatures.co.uk

and we will be releasing new sets each month.

Many thanks

Mike

Do you not think that there will be confusion in the mind of the public as to your choice of name as there is already an Imperial company that makes toy soldiers, Imperial of New Zealand?

Brad

We can offer all our figures in Matt if people want them. They will still be painted Toy Soldier style, I am not trying to copete with First Legion, etc in painting standards!

The Napoleonic masters are all available and I've beemn doing some work with Chris, who owns the moulds, on casting sets up for him; so we are capable of producing most of the sets. The cavalry will require new moulds as the horse moulds are either shot or very badly made.

Unfortunately, the moulds for the Badajoz wall and the Ship are no longer available, so I will have to remake those either as one offs or commission my usual resin caster to make new copies.

I would like to get a fair number of the colonial sets done (hence the name Imperial Miniatures) before moving onto Napoleonics, Crimea, etc but will look at proucing some Napoleonic sets later in the year.

Mike

Welcome to the cut-throat world of toy soldier making! Have you thought about offering your figures with a matt finish?

I hope you will consider doing some Napoleonics, such as these scenes:
http://www.allthequeensmen.com/images/tb397.jpg
http://www.allthequeensmen.com/images/VN1a.jpg
http://www.allthequeensmen.com/images/TB416C.jpg

Do you not think that there will be confusion in the mind of the public as to your choice of name as there is already an Imperial company that makes toy soldiers, Imperial of New Zealand?

Brad

To be honest, no I don't think it will confuse people -Imperial Productions are well known, produce completely different figures and don't have a web presence. I did name the company and bought the domain name before I was aware of them.

In the wargames industry (I run Black Hat Miniatures) there are lots of companies with similar names (over 20 with Black in their name for some reason!).

Mike

Also would like to see some Imperial German mounted officers.

Bosun Al

The Imperial German bands are next on the list of figures I would like to acquire the moulds and masters for (as in own, rather than simply have access to).

Mike

To be honest, no I don't think it will confuse people -Imperial Productions are well known, produce completely different figures and don't have a web presence. I did name the company and bought the domain name before I was aware of them.

In the wargames industry (I run Black Hat Miniatures) there are lots of companies with similar names (over 20 with Black in their name for some reason!).

Mike

They actually do have a web site. It's not a question of producing different figures but appropriating someone else's name. I'm a bit surprised that you hadn't heard of them.

Will you have all those big sets like the Old guard at Waterloo and the Agincourt sets?

Will you have all those big sets like the Old guard at Waterloo and the Agincourt sets?

I have access to all the masters and can produce sets from them once I have made new moulds.

If someone wants a particular set then I can discuss it with them and agree pricing. There will be a 50% deposit for the set to show real interest with the final payment before delivery.

I would like to produce the big set pieces as that interests me, even more than the smaller boxed sets.

Thanks

Mike

Quick photo of the first fit for our new GS Wagon for the Boer War. Still needs some work (seat is too high) and drivers and horses but it is coming together...

gswagon.jpg

Added the following new figures to the shop. The first cavalry to follow soon....

th4.jpgth2.jpgth1.jpg

Also painted a test Boer War bandsman - still sorting through arms and matching them to instruments...

th3.jpg

Mike

I have added a full price list to the website listing all of the AQM sets we have available with prices. I'll be adding sets to the online shop as fast I can photograph them but if there is anything you want to order from list then please just contact me.

http://imperialminiatures.co.uk/price-list/

I am expecting a large update of photographs at the beginning of next month.

thanks

Mike

Three AQM dioramas that I have been photographing recently for the website:

OM-banner.jpg

21st Lancers at Omdurman

photobanner.jpg

Victorian Photography session

rd-diorama.jpg

Rorke's Drift

All these figures are available...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back