Irish Toy Soldiers Museum (1 Viewer)

Curtis L.

In search of Irish toy soldiers I visited a web site entitled, Irish Toy Soldiers Museum.com. The display was well done but there was no price list and two attempts at procuring one via email went unheeded.
Has anyone dealt with these people and if so, what was your impression of their work and business practices?
Curtis L.

The Irish Toy Soldier Museum is run by Sam Watson, who is a toy soldier retailer (and a Britains and King & Country dealer). He's based in the Smithfield Market in Belfast.

I met him at a Dublin show in Clontarf and he had some of the most exquisite AeroArt and other Russian miniatures on display. He seemed quite knowlegable of all matters relating to toy soldiers. I think he's very interested in military history and in the Irish regiments of the British army rather than say Irish military history in all shapes and forms.

I had an e-mail address info@irishtoysoldier.co.uk for him but given the current waves of spam I wouldn't be surprised if he has to provide a different address sooner or later.

The Belfast number I had for him was intl dial code + 44 28 9043 9940 if you want to try to make contact with them by phone.

I’ve known Sam for years – reviewed him and his shop when he opened it. Sam is a character however he is completely “straight” and you can do business with him with confidence.

He bought a large stock of Tabony castings when Martin used to sell them and had them painted as Irish regiments – Martin is one of the best sculptors anywhere and is highly underrated.

Sam “dabbles” in various manufacturers and often has individual pieces from Russian Miniatures.

If you contact Sam please give him my regards and tell him I recommended him
Bob Black

In search of Irish toy soldiers I visited a web site entitled, Irish Toy Soldiers Museum.com. The display was well done but there was no price list and two attempts at procuring one via email went unheeded.
Has anyone dealt with these people and if so, what was your impression of their work and business practices?
Curtis L.

I do a lot of business with Sam and can get most of his sets. We usually have a handful of them in the shop.
Thanks, Matt
Sam will be at OTSN most likely displaying in our rooms.
www.hobbybunker.com

I remember when Martin sculptured the shamrock on the cap badge of his Irish soldiers. Worth seeing

I had Sam arrange painting of some figures as Irish regiments - Tiffin's & Skeffington's.
Oleg Biiato made a figure for me -Cavalryman of the 1680s which he painted as Oxford's Horse. Sam got it painted as an Irish Regiment I hadn't heard off.

Curtis L.

Sam is a very nice man.

If you want any Irish ACW figures let me know. I will see what I can cast around for. Get it? Cast around! I crack myself up!!

Sam is a very nice man.

If you want any Irish ACW figures let me know. I will see what I can cast around for. Get it? Cast around! I crack myself up!!

KV.

I thought it was your coffee mug that you cracked?!! :D:D

Jeff

Sam is a fine fellow, very personable, and it's always a pleasure to see him at shows. And the figures are very nice. Of course, the concentration is on Irish soldiers, whether as part of the British army, independent or in foreign service (eg, the Wild Geese).

I like his 18th Foot figures myself. But they're all very well done.

Regards,
Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back