Is Bob Hornung of Hornung Art still producing figures? (1 Viewer)

MikeNick

Sergeant
Hi.
I chanced upon the facebook page of Bob Hornung of Hornung Art. I quite enjoyed seeing some of his sets, yet I have not received a reply to a message that I sent via facebook.
Does anyone know if he is still producing figures?
Thanks,
MikeNick

He was at our show in May. As far as I know, he is still in business. He doesn't have a website, but the info here: http://theminiaturespage.com/man/hornung/ is still correct, as far as I know.

He may have a Facebook page, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he's watching it as frequently as others watch theirs. I'd try calling or writing to him.

Prost!
Brad

Brad,
Thank you.
Please let me know if he responds to your query.
MikeNick

Brad,
Thank you.
Please let me know if he responds to your query.
MikeNick

Hi, Mike, I think you misunderstood. I provided that link with his address for you to try contacting him. "...if I were you", was implied.

Prost!
Brad

Brad,
Hi.
I sent a letter to the address that you sent me for Bob Hornung. The letter came back with a note that Hornung has moved. Do you happen to know of another address or an email?
Thanks,
MikeNick
Hi, Mike, I think you misunderstood. I provided that link with his address for you to try contacting him. "...if I were you", was implied.

Prost!
Brad

On our vendor list, we do have a different address than the one on that website I cited above. We have 19632 Longview Drive, Lawrenceburg, IN 47025, which was as of May 2013.

Hope that helps, prost!
Brad

On our vendor list, we do have a different address than the one on that website I cited above. We have 19632 Longview Drive, Lawrenceburg, IN 47025, which was as of May 2013.

Hope that helps, prost!
Brad

This address above is correct.
Bob moved a few years ago from Cincinnati, OH to Lawrenceburg, IN.
On occasions I visited him in both places and felt fortunate to see the home and work area of a real and unique "Toy Soldier" manufacturer.
Sculpting, casting, painting, Bob does it all, and his works are most charming and well researched.
In particular his larger boxed themed sets, with an abundance of variety, are great.
Cheers!
Konrad

Hi.
In early December, I mailed a letter to Hornung at the address you gave me. No luck.
If you happen to see him, please tell him that someone is interested in purchasing his work.
Thanks,
MikeNick

What does "no luck" mean? Do you mean that you haven't yet received a reply, or was your letter returned as undeliverable, or something else?

We need to remember that our hobby is still pretty much an individual hobby, as far as various makers go. That is, there are still very many makers, and sellers, who pursue the business as a sideline, or as a job after they have retired from a full-time career. We might not get the same kind of response and followup that we expect from a large commercial concern. It's not like going to your local Starbucks, for example, with thousands of retail locations and a trained sales staff.

Prost!
Brad

Last edited:
Hi.
I have received no reply to the letter. I also enclosed $5 check for a catalog. It has also not been cashed.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
MikeNick

This address above is correct.
Bob moved a few years ago from Cincinnati, OH to Lawrenceburg, IN.
On occasions I visited him in both places and felt fortunate to see the home and work area of a real and unique "Toy Soldier" manufacturer.
Sculpting, casting, painting, Bob does it all, and his works are most charming and well researched.
In particular his larger boxed themed sets, with an abundance of variety, are great.
Cheers!
Konrad

Konrad,
Hi.
Would you mind passing along my address to Mr. Hornung?
I would really like to acquire some of his pieces.
Mike Stratas
329 Riverbend Drive
Mobile, AL 36605
Thanks,
MikeNick

Hi.

I am wondering if anyone at the recent toy soldier shows saw Bob Hornung?

I have not heard back from him in a year and would really like to purchase some of his figures.

Thanks,

MikeNick

Mirof,
Hi.
I sent him a message on Facebook. It was my second one.
Does anyone have any contact with him?
I would really like to place an order.
Thanks,
MikeNick

I have correct information on contact with Bob Hornung with tournament knights just pm me and I can give it to you. He does not want his contact info posted because of the spam bots:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back