Is it me or my computer (1 Viewer)

Guy

Major
Since a couple of days I have noticed that each time I want to have a look at the pics of some of my fellow members I have to log in ( or register)The administrator requires to register or to log in to view the page.
Why.?????? Stupid rule !!!!!!The pics on this forum should be visible for everyone to see with the push of one key, member or no member.When I log in and there are say 4 pics to see I can only look at one picture. Leave the forum and log in again if I want to see the second picture etc... Easy access to this forum and its content will incite people to join and to participate in one form or another. This new method of looking at fellow member's work, will have an adverse effect !!!!!!!! believe me . Is it stupid me or my computer or is this a new rule that comes out of the blue without consulting anyone ;
guy^&confuse

Hi, Guy, I don't think it's a rule, I think it's your browser. What browser and browser version are you using? For example, I'm using Internet Explorer 9.

I have recently had similar problems as you describe, in some other websites. One occurrence is a known bug with the site (Facebook, it keeps logging me out, very annoying, no wonder their stock tanked), but I also found that I needed to check my browser options. It was under Tools > Internet Options > Advanced, but I don't recall the specific setting that I had to adjust. But if you let the Padre know your browser and browser version, we might be able to narrow it down for you.

Prost!
Brad

Same thing that Guy describes is happening on my computer with this forum. Pictures which were full size yesterday on here are now thumbnails or ''attachment _''. Logging In is necessary to see an image full size. This seems to be the only site on which this is occurring, so I don't believe this has anything to do with my computer or the browser I've been using for the past several years.

We'll have to wait for the Padre or Shannon to respond, then. I'm not seeing any change in behavior, myself. There was no announced maintenance being done.

Prost!
Brad

We were tweaking some things on the back-end and this setting was temporarily changed. It should be back to normal now.

Let us know if you are still having problems...

Since a couple of days I have noticed that each time I want to have a look at the pics of some of my fellow members I have to log in ( or register)The administrator requires to register or to log in to view the page.
Why.?????? Stupid rule !!!!!!The pics on this forum should be visible for everyone to see with the push of one key, member or no member.When I log in and there are say 4 pics to see I can only look at one picture. Leave the forum and log in again if I want to see the second picture etc... Easy access to this forum and its content will incite people to join and to participate in one form or another. This new method of looking at fellow member's work, will have an adverse effect !!!!!!!! believe me . Is it stupid me or my computer or is this a new rule that comes out of the blue without consulting anyone ;
guy^&confuse

Hi Guy,
Next time you log in click the 'remember me' box and you won't have to keep logging in, it will keep you logged in automatically.

Back to normal I am happy to say
Thanks it's a big relieve

guy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back