I've been busting my head (1 Viewer)

nicolas

Private 2
Hi, for those who collect the pirates series, i have two sets of pirates which came with canons. I also got a parrot, but i have no clue where in gods name does he go in the set!!! It doesn't fit on any figure and the staff the parrot is sitting on is shorter then the parrots tail which means i can't do anything with it.

Could someone help me solve the mistary???:confused:

nicolas

if you go to the Conte site listed under Pirates, the set you are referring to with the parrot is PIR022 Giv em a broadside, in that picture you can see the parrot on its perch behind the pirate with flag, if the perch staff is shorter than the parrots tail my guess is that it would be broken as from the photo it appears longer than his tail and probably either sticks in the back of the flag figure or maybe into the base somewhere.
sorry can't help ya further, only Conte i don't have is the pirates, go figure lol

Hi, for those who collect the pirates series, i have two sets of pirates which came with canons. I also got a parrot, but i have no clue where in gods name does he go in the set!!! It doesn't fit on any figure and the staff the parrot is sitting on is shorter then the parrots tail which means i can't do anything with it.

Could someone help me solve the mistary???:confused:

Dear Nicolas,
Okay, I can't resist...
OBVIOUSLY you put the parrot on whichever cannon you choose and voila! you have an authentic reproduction of a 10-pound Parrott cannon:D.
I know...it was awful but I just couldn't help myself--you just couldn't have set that one up any better if you'd tried:p .

Best regards,

Dear Nicolas,
Okay, I can't resist...
OBVIOUSLY you put the parrot on whichever cannon you choose and voila! you have an authentic reproduction of a 10-pound Parrott cannon:D.
I know...it was awful but I just couldn't help myself--you just couldn't have set that one up any better if you'd tried:p .

Best regards,

Ahem - I'd like to apologize on behalf of my wife ..... where did she come up with THAT??
:eek:

oh sure, now the "big dogs" come on over here and pick us poor ole Conte folk :p

we're a peacfull folk over here ya know, but its ok, we'll forgive and welcome ya, thats just the kinda people we are, simple folk with a passion for toy soldiers and the hobby

it was only a matter of time before you'd cross over anyway :eek:

and shannon, i did get a good laugh outa that this afternoon when i read it, but i'll leave it up to the "marriage counselor" to sort it out between you and pete lol

Wait until you get a 200 pound Seacoast Parrot rifle! Here Kitty kitty.Someone out there makes Fortress Cannons, can't recall who.

I looked at Contes site trying to see where it went as well but didnt see a Parrot at all. Just a rat sitting on a barrel gnawing on a piece of weevily hardtack.I like it!

Good one Shannon, wish I woulda thought of that!

FuBar

It's good to know the masters of this fourm, have a good sense of humor. I have to admit, that was a good one. The good thing dogsoldier is, at least you know their listenig. Conte's Forever, Mike.

I have not been able to figure where the he&$ the stupid bird goes either.
The parrott rifle was kind of good:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well i finaly figured it out. It hit me like a ton of bricks while i was looking at the figures and busting my head. Now as mentioned indeed the parrot on the picture on Conte's site has a long stick. But this is not the case. I actualy got two sets with the same parrot and bowth have short sticks. So they aren't broken. But the parrot actualy goes on the arm of a figure. the stick on one side and the back of the bird on the other. It actualy is very nice!!! So now my parrots are no longuer lying dead on the ground, they are now proudly on the arms of the pirates. I might post pictures if people are interested.

Regards

Well i finaly figured it out. It hit me like a ton of bricks while i was looking at the figures and busting my head. Now as mentioned indeed the parrot on the picture on Conte's site has a long stick. But this is not the case. I actualy got two sets with the same parrot and bowth have short sticks. So they aren't broken. But the parrot actualy goes on the arm of a figure. the stick on one side and the back of the bird on the other. It actualy is very nice!!! So now my parrots are no longuer lying dead on the ground, they are now proudly on the arms of the pirates. I might post pictures if people are interested.

Regards

Hi Nicolas,

I would love to see a picture of the Pirates holding the parrots. It is difficult for me to visualize the arrangement of the parrot on the arm without seeing a picture.

Warmest personal regards,

Pat

nicolas

way to go, the answer has been found, go ahead and post that pic as you have got me curious as well.

Thanks for posting the pic,now I see which pirate gets the parrot.;)
My parrot has a home now

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back