Jagdpanther hybrid (1 Viewer)

Aronia

Private
Greetings! I am new to the forum so I apologize in advance for not having more tech savvy when it comes to posting graphics.

As with many of you, I was looking forward to purchasing the new John Jenkins Jagdpanther. Unfortunately, it MAY be the case that the model they have shown thus far didn't exist in real-life as they have sculpted it (we need a picture of the real tank to confirm).

John Jenkins says that there new model is a Jagdpanther G1. However, as research indicates there are distinctive differences between a G1 and a G2 (the John Jenkins model seems to be a mix-up of the two versions). Here's a link to a line drawing comparing the G1 and G2 (copy and paste the link into your web browser):

https://goo.gl/images/gVvCb7

I hope that the John Jenkins Jagdpanther does depict an actual vehicle but until we have some proof the evidence doesn't support their version.

Cheers!

Greetings! I am new to the forum so I apologize in advance for not having more tech savvy when it comes to posting graphics.

As with many of you, I was looking forward to purchasing the new John Jenkins Jagdpanther. Unfortunately, it MAY be the case that the model they have shown thus far didn't exist in real-life as they have sculpted it (we need a picture of the real tank to confirm).

John Jenkins says that there new model is a Jagdpanther G1. However, as research indicates there are distinctive differences between a G1 and a G2 (the John Jenkins model seems to be a mix-up of the two versions). Here's a link to a line drawing comparing the G1 and G2 (copy and paste the link into your web browser):

https://goo.gl/images/gVvCb7

I hope that the John Jenkins Jagdpanther does depict an actual vehicle but until we have some proof the evidence doesn't support their version.

Cheers!

The John Jenkins Jagdpanther is an accurate late production Ausf G1. I responded to you in the other post "JJD Jagdpanther Pics" and will continue to reply there with references to keep everything in one thread.

The picture you linked to above and are using as your basis of comparison shows an early production Ausf G1 on the left that lacks many of the features found on late production G1s.

Rest assured the JJD Jagdpanther actually was historically produced.

Do not care, I like the look of it so much, I ordered two.^&cool, Robin.

Tamiya's late model G1:

100_1116.jpg

The overhead views that the OP linked us to do not depict this combination of gun and rear deck configurations. Is Tamiya FoS? Nah, the Tamiya setup is indicative of a late G1 that combined physical characteristics of both the G1 and G2. In other words, an analysis of the vehicle as manufactured by JJD would benefit from three drawings for comparison, rather than two.

-Moe

Do not care, I like the look of it so much, I ordered two.^&cool, Robin.

This might be my favorite post, ever.

It has become a bit of a cliche, but you should buy what you like. If your purchases are based on Google searches great, if your purchase are based on what you like, great.

Base what you buy on whatever you want, in the end other's opinions/basis should matter the least.

Good post Moe, The Jagdpanther went through numerous production changes and the G1, G2 iterations only cover the major changes. Tamiya usually gets it right on their models; is the one you show the 1/35 or 1/25 scale model?

Tamiya's late model G1:

100_1116.jpg

The overhead views that the OP linked us to do not depict this combination of gun and rear deck configurations. Is Tamiya FoS? Nah, the Tamiya setup is indicative of a late G1 that combined physical characteristics of both the G1 and G2. In other words, an analysis of the vehicle as manufactured by JJD would benefit from three drawings for comparison, rather than two.

-Moe

Really a debate over nothing.. There never was a Jagdpanther hybrid. The easiest way to explain a confusing situation is to simply say that Officially the Ausf G1 used the engine and crew compartment heating system configurations of the Panther Ausf A . And Officially the Ausf. G2 used the engine and crew compartment heating system configurations of the Panther Ausf G which can be identified by the raised armoured fan tower over the left engine cooling exhaust fan used to service a crew compartment heater introduced in late October 1944. Introduced at different dates while G1s were still being assembled were a large outside bolted gun mantlet, single vision port for the driver and 2 piece gun barrel. While many G1s had several, or all, or none of these features, they all had the Panther Ausf. A engine and cooling system. Once Panther G2s (with the fan tower) were being assembled, most but not all jagdpanthers had the large outside bolted gun mantlet, single vision port for the driver and 2 piece gun barrel. But single piece gun barrels and different mantlets and dual vision ports were used late in the war and could be found on some fashion on Jagdpanther G2s.. The only way to identify the version of Jagdpanther G1 or G2 is by the cooling tower.

What does this mean for the JJD Jagdpanther? It's an Ausf. G1 (no fan tower) with large outside bolted gun mantlet, single vision port for the driver and 2 piece gun barrel probably the most common Jagdpanther configuration and perfectly correct.

Terry

Thanks for the info Moe. I have the 1/25 Jagdpanther built and painted; a very nice model that is size compatible with the larger TCS and K&C figures; which are close enough to 70mm as makes no difference IMO. I have the Tamiya 1/16 Kingtiger which is a huge model. The tracks are 2 inches wide!

That's 1/25. They also make an RC version in 1/16:

tam56023_2.jpg

-Moe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back