JG Miniatures (1 Viewer)

Peter Reuss

2nd Lieutenant
Treefrog Treasures is excited to start carrying JG Miniatures. They make some of the best diorama pieces on the market today.

We plan to stock quite a few of their items, with the rest of their catalogue available by special order. For now, we only have web pages made for the items we have in stock.

If you want to see what we have available, click on http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/jgminiatures.shtml

This is not yet linked to the main website. We hope to have it taken care of later tonight, but you can see what we have!.

Pete

Good job Pete and Shannon.
I really enjoy the JG Miniatures buildings and the other accessories that I have been able to get. My concern is the in stock issue. On many occasions I have had to wait for up to three months to get something ordered in from England. I eventually found that even with the higher shipping costs, direct ordering from the company was faster (I am not trying to encourage others from ordering them and not from you, just stating my experiences). I know that their production line is extensive; it may be difficult to match stock with demand. I am sure I am not telling you anything that you have not already thought of and discussed, I am just trying to pass along my experiences with this really great product line. :) Michael

I will be talking to you in the near future about the Yorkshire Farm House.

I would like to extend a big welcome to John Gittins of JG Miniatures who has joined the forum and is interested in your feedback, ideas and questions regarding his diorama accessories. It is always great to get the manufacturers on board the board!:)

NOW here is a company that has the experience, skills, and ability to make the Hougoumont and La Haye Sainte farms as a series of add-on buildings. I have both the WWI damaged barn (with red cross on the roof) and its twin the barn with the add-on shed on my kitchen table; along with the blacksmith shop, the tractor shed, the stables, the K&C farm diorama set, and the Britains North Gate diorama set. I am trying to figure out how to lay them out in a way that resembles either of the aforementioned farms.

It's, not even close to either of them. I will have to rename it something else like "Villa St Michael" and have it on my battlefield as a newly discovered feature of the Napoleonic wars. Sure would be nice to have the knowledge that a company (hint, hint) would be coming out with add on sets that would eventually make a large complex such as the two French farms at Waterloo.

I am pleased with what Shannon and Pete are doing in bringing all of the players to the table so that we can all learn and earn from each other. :cool: Thank you Shannon and Pete. :) Michael

This is a great line of buildings and accessories. I have two of his Zulu War Rorke's Drift buildings set up with my Frontline Figures matte version series. I would also like to see some of the afore mentioned Napoleonic buildings.

sceic2 said:
NOW here is a company that has the experience, skills, and ability to make the Hougoumont and La Haye Sainte farms as a series of add-on buildings. I have both the WWI damaged barn (with red cross on the roof) and its twin the barn with the add-on shed on my kitchen table; along with the blacksmith shop, the tractor shed, the stables, the K&C farm diorama set, and the Britains North Gate diorama set. I am trying to figure out how to lay them out in a way that resembles either of the aforementioned farms.

It's, not even close to either of them. I will have to rename it something else like "Villa St Michael" and have it on my battlefield as a newly discovered feature of the Napoleonic wars. Sure would be nice to have the knowledge that a company (hint, hint) would be coming out with add on sets that would eventually make a large complex such as the two French farms at Waterloo.

I am pleased with what Shannon and Pete are doing in bringing all of the players to the table so that we can all learn and earn from each other. :cool: Thank you Shannon and Pete. :) Michael
Michael i don,t know if you know this or not but britains makes another peice I think called the farm house that is a really good la haye sainte knock off. I think that that is what it was meant to be but they didn,t call it that. and its smaller in size than the make up of the real building but still a good knock off. I,ll see if i can find a picture or link of one for you to check out . I,ve tried to bid on a few on ebay in the past but always got out bid.:mad:

I know the Britains piece you are referring to. If you were to win it, most are posted in the UK, and shipping is very expensive. Often more than the diorama itself. I have seen it in person and if I were displaying my stuff on shelves or in cabinets, it would work great. It is not fully dimensional and the buildings are facades. For a larger diorama, it would have to be placed on the edge so as not to show that the buildings are facades. Michael

I have carried the JG line on and off for about a year. It take a very looooonnnnngggg time to get shipments in. It took almost 4 months to get my first order. It is worth the wait, though. John Gittens makes incredible stuff.

I had the complete Normandy beach diorama in my front window populated with K&C sets.

Build-A-Rama continues to bring out new releases every month. However, I also use JGM products, including your recent European row houses but I haven't seen anything lately.

John, what's coming up? I'm itching to some more dioramas. How about some more desert or South Pacific stuff? Okay, okay, I hear WWII Pacific stuff isn't a big hit but there are some highly publicized WWII US Marine movies coming out this summer and who know?

Any ways John, what's up?

Carlos

Re: JG Miniatures-Cobblestone bases

Just talked to John and he says the cobblestone base is ready for release, he just needs to upload it to his website. We'll be getting some of these in with our next order.

desk11desk12 said:
Build-A-Rama continues to bring out new releases every month. However, I also use JGM products, including your recent European row houses but I haven't seen anything lately.

John, what's coming up? I'm itching to some more dioramas. How about some more desert or South Pacific stuff? Okay, okay, I hear WWII Pacific stuff isn't a big hit but there are some highly publicized WWII US Marine movies coming out this summer and who know?

Any ways John, what's up?

Carlos

Here is an answer from John at JG:

Hi Carlos

There are only two people involved with JG Miniatures , myself and one part time employee who does my casting for me.

I like to keep it this way so that i have complete control over the models i create, every peice is finished and painted by myself.

I cannot bring out new products every month, when i do it will be because i have found someone capable of meeting the high standards of production that i set and is willing to work in a cold , draughty and smelly workshop.

I currently have nothing new planned for this year

John

Hello John:

Thank you very much for your reply. It must be very challenging and we all appreciate the results of your hard work. Presently, I’m creating a WWII Pacific Diorama and I have found plenty of use for your entire assortment of your palm trees, dry grass, etc. They may be date palms but they work well just the same.

Thank you John, and thank you Shannon for posting his response,

Carlos

Hi john,
I am always flabbergast to here from the driving force behind the products I love and yours are among them. As a child I loved and constantly built models and about 10 years ago I found these "adult toys". Of late I have somewhat returned to my roots and began by slowly modifying some figures and vehicles. It's a slow process for me but very satifying. I still can't bring myself to "modify any K&C product, but Del Prado and everything else is fair game! The problem I have is finding items such as weapons and equipment in the larger 1/30 scale for my mods and your line has been a great help from that stand point. I hope others chime in there support. I would love to see some weapons packs , radio, ammo etc. for the larger K&C line.
good to hear from you,
Ray

Users who are viewing this thread

Back