K&C: Chinese imperial army (2 Viewers)

Anthony

Private
Hello all,

I'm a new K&C collector, I started to collect the Chinese Imperial Army 6 month ago. This collection is my favorite, because of my background (chinese) and I also love the armor of the Ching Banner Army.
I wonder who else is collecting this collection?

greets,

Anthony

Thanks for the reply. Its nice to know the people who share the same passion. I added a picture of the collection I have untill now. I'm planning to expand it and hopefully, there will be new figures coming out soon.

If anyone has pictures of their collection, I would like to see it too :D

Attachments

• php6eTM3EPM.jpg
    php6eTM3EPM.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 143
Welcome to the forum Anthony, a very nice collection. I don't collect this series but they are very nice pieces.

Anthony

Glad to have you aboard. That is a great collection.

What Dynasty or era in terms of years are represented by this series? the Manchu in the 19th C since the Dowager Empress is part of the Imperial Collection?

Randy

Thanks Randy,

I see them more as the yellow banner army in the 18th century. Since most of the collection doesn't have rifles yet. Also, in that time, the yellow banner are still the strongest army of the country. Because in late 19th century, most of the banner army soldiers are addicted to opium and are not able to fight anymore.
Althought, I'm very interested in the period of Opium war, Taiping rebellion and Boxer, because its the first time China encounters foreign countries. I hope there will be new figures coming out from that period. Since many figures from this collection is being retired (mostly non-military).

I always admired this range and i've resisted till today to the pulse of starting it..i have a kind of fascination since the vision of the movie "The Last Emperor" by Bertolucci (albeit it describes a late and decadent imperial China)..but i think that some piece soon or later will appear in my collection!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back