K&C Special Edition Crusaders (1 Viewer)

Peter Reuss

2nd Lieutenant
Through a dealer promotion we were able to aquire a limited number of specially painted K&C Crusader figures:

MKSSa.jpg

MKSSb.jpg

MKSSc.jpg

We are offering them as a three figure set for $87 as item #MKSS - Set of Three Special Edition Knights

I know they did a couple of dealer special Napoleonics, but I not aware of any WWII. The only special WWII was a give away of a Ranger or Airborne Captain (one was a regular figure I think with DD01 or DD02, I don't remember which was the special and which was the regular) with a Tommy Gun you could exchange a post card for back in Christmas 1999 (I have both the figure and the postcard -- I got two post cards from Andy) and the K&C UK special figures (which include a repaint of the Arnhem figure with the Tommy Gun, a repaint of the Waffen SS Officer with the map as an Afrika Corps Officer and a repaint of the British Artillery Officer who came with the Quad and Limber.

I know they did a couple of dealer special Napoleonics, but I not aware of any WWII. The only special WWII was a give away of a Ranger or Airborne Captain (one was a regular figure I think with DD01 or DD02, I don't remember which was the special and which was the regular) with a Tommy Gun you could exchange a post card for back in Christmas 1999 (I have both the figure and the postcard -- I got two post cards from Andy) and the K&C UK special figures (which include a repaint of the Arnhem figure with the Tommy Gun, a repaint of the Waffen SS Officer with the map as an Afrika Corps Officer and a repaint of the British Artillery Officer who came with the Quad and Limber.

Louis

What were the Dealer figures for the Napoleonics??????

Ron

There was a standing Napoleon and a Hussar, both repaints of Del Prado castings. I bought both and give them to Hans as gifts. Hans is a big K&C matt Napoleonic collector, and has at least one (probably more like 5) of everything.

when I read the title I thought crusader as in the British tank so I got all excited lol

Oh man ! When will I learn ? I searched high and low to find these individually. If I had shown a little patience, I could had 'em in one grab and at a better price.
For those of you 'wavering' they are excellent pieces- I especially like the guy in the red checkered table cloth:p

I wonder, is this an exclusive for Treefrog or do other KC dealers have these sets?

Any opinions here, will these sets become rare and very collectible?

Carlos

In my opinion - any dealer figure is very valuable. Since very few are made and they are not out on the open market (unless wonderful dealers like Treefrog sell them) for very long.

I believe the Crusader Range will be a very popular range in the coming months - especially since it really has a home with most nationalities throughout europe and the interest of historians like us.

Current events also has the appeal to the range as well.

Ron

I wonder, is this an exclusive for Treefrog or do other KC dealers have these sets?

Any opinions here, will these sets become rare and very collectible?

Carlos
Dear Carlos,
Any K&C dealer could obtain the special edition Crusaders for placing dealer orders over a certain dollar amount. Besides the three foot figures, there is also a mounted flag bearing figure. Because these figures are not regular sets, there does not appear to be too many of them, which makes them rare and collectible. The mounted figure appears to be the hardest to find.:)

The mounted one was much more limited than the others - which is why the others are available and it is not ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back