Laurel and hardy (1 Viewer)

If I still did dioramas, L&H would be at the recruiters for the Highlanders, Foriegn Legion, or the US Army in WW I!

L&H are two of my favorites. Interesting that a lot great comedians and comedy teams made war or military related movies.

There were the slap-stick comedies like L&H, the Stooges, Abbot and Costello made. There were comedies like "The General" which have funny incidents in the midst of reality. There were other comedies with humor (humour) in spite of tragedy all around like "Life is Beautiful" and "Stalag 17."

Don't forget Charlie Chaplin as the great Dictator. Latter it was learned that the Austrian Corporal was not so comical

Don't forget Charlie Chaplin as the great Dictator. Latter it was learned that the Austrian Corporal was not so comical

Chaplin also made a WWI flick "Shoulder Arms." A great artist. I recently saw "A King in New York" one of his latter films. Maybe not one of his greatest films, but a powerful message in the time of anti-commie witch hunts in the US.

Abbot and Costello made some war films like "Buck Privates". The Marx Brothers had "Duck Soup" and L&H did "Pack up Your Troubles" and "Great Guns." Martin and Lewis also did some military films.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EiRillW6fs

Civil War comedies.."Advance to the Rear".....

advancetotherear.jpg

..and Red Skelton in "A Southern Yankee"

515HEFJHSTL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back