Let's make forum badges (1 Viewer)

theBaron

Major
Hello, everyone,

I'd like pass along a neat idea from another forum that I belong to, and that is, we should print out badges with the forum logo and wear them when we go to shows. That way, we can identify each other and meet, and advertise the forum to collectors who haven't yet heard of it.

For example, we might use the logo from the header, with accommodation for any copyrighted material from Shannon and Peter, of course. Or some other image, pasted into a file that we could all download and edit to include our names, then print out and stick in a plastic badge.

I got the idea from my colleagues at Konrad Schulte's HZ-Forum, a forum based in Germany, for figure painters. They've started printing them out to wear at the shows they visit.

What does everyone think?

Prosit!
Brad

I think that is a great idea!!!!
We could also wear them when we go to any toy soldier shops.

Hello, everyone,

I'd like pass along a neat idea from another forum that I belong to, and that is, we should print out badges with the forum logo and wear them when we go to shows. That way, we can identify each other and meet, and advertise the forum to collectors who haven't yet heard of it.

For example, we might use the logo from the header, with accommodation for any copyrighted material from Shannon and Peter, of course. Or some other image, pasted into a file that we could all download and edit to include our names, then print out and stick in a plastic badge.

I got the idea from my colleagues at Konrad Schulte's HZ-Forum, a forum based in Germany, for figure painters. They've started printing them out to wear at the shows they visit.

What does everyone think?

Prosit!
Brad

Its a very good idea.Tony from K&C UK already does this for the London shows,helps spot fellow froggers.

Rob

Guys

it works if the Froggers wear them!!!!

If i remember in Chicago i only ever see Steven wearing his!!

Tony

It's not anything I'd really be interested in doing; doesn't appeal to me.

As Tony mentioned above, this was tried in Chicago a few years back and Steven C. was the only one who actually wore a badge.
Somehow it works out that you meet most of the guys just by the various rooms that are visited.
I think most of the regulars know one another by site now.
Gary

I wore one of Shannon's badges two years ago and met a few forum people but overall it flopped. Leadmen

I'm glad Steven wore his name tag because that's how I met him and he's a great guy. The others I had make sure it was them and there were a few others that said they were at OTSN the same year I was there but I never met them.

I have found that badges have been requested (and provided!)for both the Chicago and London shows several years running but the trend has been that they are picked up and worn in London but not at Chicago. The Chicago room trading in particular is like wandering in a labyrinth and I thought they would be very helpful indeed for finding other forum members in the maze but as has been posted only one or two are ever picked up.

I wonder if it is because they are in name tag style and people don't feel comfortable walking around with a name tag if not everyone around them is also wearing a name tag. Maybe a small pin with an emblem would be more widely used as it wouldn't be all that noticable to those who aren't forum members but it would definitely be a tip off to those who were.

Just a thought.

Hi Shannon,

I like your idea about an identifying pin. I would certainly be willing to pick up and wear such a pin. Perhaps other forum members could indicate their approval/disapproval of your idea. Personally, I think it is an excellent idea!

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

I have found that badges have been requested (and provided!)for both the Chicago and London shows several years running but the trend has been that they are picked up and worn in London but not at Chicago. The Chicago room trading in particular is like wandering in a labyrinth and I thought they would be very helpful indeed for finding other forum members in the maze but as has been posted only one or two are ever picked up.

I wonder if it is because they are in name tag style and people don't feel comfortable walking around with a name tag if not everyone around them is also wearing a name tag. Maybe a small pin with an emblem would be more widely used as it wouldn't be all that noticable to those who aren't forum members but it would definitely be a tip off to those who were.

Just a thought.

Or how about enormous green Treefrog sombreros?

MD I'm down with sombreros, as long as you don't wear them like chef boyardee:D:D. Besides they make great tequilla drinking hats and you can hide your extra purchases from the little lady... come to think of it maybe enormous green 10 gallon hats would be better;):eek:.

Shannon

great idea.

It can be like the "nudge and a wink" pin!! (Monty Python reference there)

one of those little enamel ones would be cool.

Tony

Yo Troopers, why waste money, just save the forum photo, print it off stick it on a piece of card, and stick a small safety pin through it. Walla.
Bernard

Hussars Rule.;)

Attachments

• forum_home.jpg
    forum_home.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 78
Yo Troopers, why waste money, just save the forum photo, print it off stick it on a piece of card, and stick a small safety pin through it. Walla.
Bernard

Hussars Rule.;)

Yo Troopers just like to add, the bod from the 17th/21st Lancers below this post didn't have as much grey matter between the ears as us Hussar Troopers and he is a Captain lol.:rolleyes:

I just took the forum logo, resized it in MS Paint and added my name, then printed it, cut it out, and put it in a clear plastic pinbacked holder.

Of course, it was just a suggestion, and those of you who know each other, or aren't comfortable showing your names in a crowd situation, that's understood, too. But glad to see it's getting some discussion.

Prosit!
Brad

Also, sorry, Shannon, if that was unauthorized use of copyrighted material, I'll dispose of it.

Prosit!
Brad

Brad,

I suggest you send it to Shannon for review, including legal review, before taking any further action.

MD I'm down with sombreros, as long as you don't wear them like chef boyardee:D:D. Besides they make great tequilla drinking hats and you can hide your extra purchases from the little lady... come to think of it maybe enormous green 10 gallon hats would be better;):eek:.

:D:D

I would absolutely where a Sombrero- at 6'2", with an extra 10 inches added, everyone in the room could track where I am!!

Why did I know you two guys would be cool with this idea. Us prior service guys just aren't right in the head:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back