Lets stop it now (1 Viewer)

botbman

New member,

I hate logging on to ebay searches, especially for K & C, and finding non K & C stuff on the pages, the DelPrado stuff is bad enough but seeing self made stuff that looks nothing like K & C really gets my goat, but the worse is when they put 'not K & C' in the title.

Welcome to the forum.What I hate to see is they have Britains,Conte,KC advertised on the same figure.
mark

New member,

I hate logging on to ebay searches, especially for K & C, and finding non K & C stuff on the pages, the DelPrado stuff is bad enough but seeing self made stuff that looks nothing like K & C really gets my goat, but the worse is when they put 'not K & C' in the title.

add -not K&C -not King & Country to your search terms

Terry

FYI - It is against ebay policy to put "not" in the listing title, or body.
But people do it anyway. If someone reports thier listing to ebay, they will cancel it.

Walt

FYI - It is against ebay policy to put "not" in the listing title, or body.
But people do it anyway. If someone reports thier listing to ebay, they will cancel it.

Walt

They could......but wouldn't that be a little petty? ;)

Let me put out my 2cents opinion here:

As an active buyer I want to know what other brands there are that are compatible to each other. Manufacturers do not produce same type of models each time. So I do not take offense on sellers who puts "not King & Country". It looks sneaky though to others & not allowed by E-Bay)

As a seller, I avoid trying to look sneaky by calling the model by what it is (brand wise). The only way a buyer could know that here are other brands is
by adding the caveat at the sub-head of the title.."This model is compatible scale wise (1/30) with other brands such as King & Country, Figarti, Honor Bound, Thomas Gunn & NMA." I will not include CS in this bunch as I think it is 1/28, scale wise...I had returns because of that. This method is acceptable because E-Bay charge extra for title sub-heads.

I understand that there are "purist" out there who only want to see one particular brand when they type their favorite brand name (KC, Figarti, Honor Bound, etc.). Fortunately (or unfortunately?) that's not how the search engine work. The search engine looks for key words.

N-P

What drives me nuts is when eBay tweaks the search engine, so that queries that have worked one way start bringing back different results. But I've gotten used to rewriting my queries when that happens.

The only time I will draw an association to something is if the item is from an obscure maker and I know that people who collect a certain thing will find it interesting. Otherwise I tend to agree with the op.

Now, I did have an auction canceled due to using Courtenay-Greenhill which is totally legitimate as Peter Greenhill reissues Courtenay poses. However, when I submitted my proof to eBays trust and safety team they still didn't agree that I was right.

If listings are obviously aimed to mislead and misrepresent I now report them now. Better to get these sellers kicked off the site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back