LOD Enterprises (2 Viewers)

Middleguard

Private 1st Class
I received my LOD Enterprises Postcard in the mail yesterday. It has a picture of their first ever set on the back side. The War at Troy.

I went to their website which shows their set and the contents. It, however, doesn't give any details about the size and the pictures are too small to show much detail.

I was wondering if anyone had bought any of these and could comment on the size comparison and historical accuracy and details.

Four figures per each army is not much of a variety. But they look to be modeled correctly to be converted, even if it is just changing the angle of the sword arm.

At least you get both participants of the battle and can start playing with them straight out of the bag.

This looks promising. They have impressed me with a few points. 1) Both armies in the same bag but not just the same figures in different colors. 2) They have done a conflict not yet covered by other manufactures. This tells me they may be bold enough to do add on set for conflicts which are currently represented but for unit types which have yet to be made. 3) They leave a telephone number and an email address on the postcard and are asking for feedback.

I received my LOD Enterprises Postcard in the mail yesterday. It has a picture of their first ever set on the back side. The War at Troy.

I went to their website which shows their set and the contents. It, however, doesn't give any details about the size and the pictures are too small to show much detail.

I was wondering if anyone had bought any of these and could comment on the size comparison and historical accuracy and details.

Four figures per each army is not much of a variety. But they look to be modeled correctly to be converted, even if it is just changing the angle of the sword arm.

At least you get both participants of the battle and can start playing with them straight out of the bag.

This looks promising. They have impressed me with a few points. 1) Both armies in the same bag but not just the same figures in different colors. 2) They have done a conflict not yet covered by other manufactures. This tells me they may be bold enough to do add on set for conflicts which are currently represented but for unit types which have yet to be made. 3) They leave a telephone number and an email address on the postcard and are asking for feedback.
Go to the Michtoy website and you will find some better photos and it states they are 1/30 scale. Cost is $27 for 16 figures. -- Al

The figures are very nice.. Excellent detail. Here's a comparison photo.

LOD-TSSD-Lo-res.jpg

LOD is already at work on War of Troy chariots.. 3D computer models I've seen look very promising.

Thx

Jim

Thanks for all the replies, information and links.

jac28 I assume these are in your possession. Could you fill me in on a few things? Are these one piece figures like the Black Cat Napoleonic Russians that are pre-assembled but made from separate parts to get a fully rounded pose, or do I have to assemble parts like arms to bodies or shields to arms. Either way I am OK with this, just want to know what my time investment in a sizeable army would be.

jac28 I assume these are in your possession. Could you fill me in on a few things? Are these one piece figures like the Black Cat Napoleonic Russians that are pre-assembled, but made from separate parts to get a fully rounded pose, or do I have to assemble parts like arms to bodies or shields to arms. Either way I am OK with this, just want to know what my time investment in a sizeable army would be.
The figures are single pieces, but have parts that were glued on at the factory. They are in scale, very close in size to X Force Greeks, Conte Sparts, TSSD barbarians. Do a google search, and click on images, you will see pictures of a few comparisons between different makers to these.

jac28 I assume these are in your possession. Could you fill me in on a few things? Are these one piece figures like the Black Cat Napoleonic Russians that are pre-assembled but made from separate parts to get a fully rounded pose, or do I have to assemble parts like arms to bodies or shields to arms. Either way I am OK with this, just want to know what my time investment in a sizeable army would be.

As cattown says, the figures are pre-assembled at the factory, so each figure comes as one piece. Fully rounded poses and very nice detail, down to the shields, which all have different designs sculpted on them.

Thx,

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back