London Show 2021 - Most Impressive item there. (1 Viewer)

Barkmann

Sergeant First Class
Hello

See picture, an incredible piece of work from TM Terrain as a commission piece.

Attachments

• IMG_20211204_125935.jpg
    IMG_20211204_125935.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 294
I thought that was the Conte church at first glance. :confused:

I thought that was the Conte church at first glance. :confused:

There are some subtle differences, namely the bell tower peak, plus the church is complete, not rubbled out in the back.............it might be a Conte set with modifications...........

The side door and the bell tower was what jumped at me on a second look.
If its not a modified piece it certainly is a homage for lack of a better term.

Certainly has all the markings of Conte, but the rear of the church departs big time. Such a nice piece. Robin.

I think the Conte Church was used as source for the church, but there are some distinct differences, it is a real signature piece and i think the buyer will be putting pictures on the forum when it set up.

He makes impressive pieces. I think Louis had a piece very similar to the priory and graveyard made for his Franco/Pruss set up by Dave.
I remember thinking I could have him make it and use in place of the Conte set. Wish I would have bought the rock pass he made for Thermopylae when it was out.

Someone is going to get a very nice Church.

On his FB page Dave posted the following:

[FONT=&quot]I have just finished this 1/30th scale church. It is on a 4’x3’ board and about 30” tall. This was an interesting commission as it is based on the foam model by Conte. The original model is of a ruined church with one corner completely missing. It was my job to ‘repair’ it so it was complete and undamaged. I had to build one complete corner and fill in parts of missing wall. I replaced all the windows and removed the resin roof and added a new roof. The spire was also replaced as the original model had a parachute draped over it and he wanted that removing.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There were quite a few challenges to this job with the most challenging trying to match what I did with what was already there. I really enjoyed working it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The grave yard and small building are all the original model….I just repainted it all and added some flock.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This diorama will be on my stand at the toy soldier show this weekend (until my customer wants to take it home of course!!) so if you are going to be there come and have a look at it.[/FONT]

On his FB page Dave posted the following:

I have just finished this 1/30th scale church. It is on a 4’x3’ board and about 30” tall. This was an interesting commission as it is based on the foam model by Conte. The original model is of a ruined church with one corner completely missing. It was my job to ‘repair’ it so it was complete and undamaged. I had to build one complete corner and fill in parts of missing wall. I replaced all the windows and removed the resin roof and added a new roof. The spire was also replaced as the original model had a parachute draped over it and he wanted that removing.
There were quite a few challenges to this job with the most challenging trying to match what I did with what was already there. I really enjoyed working it.
The grave yard and small building are all the original model….I just repainted it all and added some flock.
This diorama will be on my stand at the toy soldier show this weekend (until my customer wants to take it home of course!!) so if you are going to be there come and have a look at it.

Thanks for posting that. Nice idea of the customer to rebuild the church to undamaged.

He makes impressive pieces. I think Louis had a piece very similar to the priory and graveyard made for his Franco/Pruss set up by Dave.
I remember thinking I could have him make it and use in place of the Conte set. Wish I would have bought the rock pass he made for Thermopylae when it was out.

Someone is going to get a very nice Church.

That's the church/graveyard from Gravelotte St Privat, David and I combined forces to work up that one for Louis, it came out great, just like the one in the iconic painting.

David is the master...................

Hi all,

I am the proud owner of such building. More photos below showing it before work and during rebuild by the expert David Marshall and completed. First one of 3, the other 2 for each side will have three Conte 2 storey buildings and H&A Normandy barn and courtyard to make up a village. but thats a year or two away....

Cheers,

Stefan
(Kiwi stuck in London)

before rebuild 3.jpegbefore rebuild 4.jpegbefore rebuild 1.jpegbefore rebuild 2.jpeg

forgo to add the church actually has stained glass windows in (plastic) and if you shine a light through the church you can see them in all their glory. now if only I had remembered to ask David to put a remote controlled light inside the church.....hmm

Holy Crap.
That’s about as elegant as I can be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back