Lord of the Rings? (1 Viewer)

Iron Duke

Private 2
Don't laugh I'm just wondering what you thought about this. Should K&C remain 100% historical? Or could you see a move to Middle Earth? I know there are no conspiracy theories that Andy has secret plans for this, nor should he. I just thought it could be a very interesting series, if it came to be. Would there be a chance a non-military theme could emerge? And if so, what would you like to see? Although to be honest with the new WWI French my wallet is fast being emptied{sm4}

Don't laugh I'm just wondering what you thought about this. Should K&C remain 100% historical? Or could you see a move to Middle Earth? I know there are no conspiracy theories that Andy has secret plans for this, nor should he. I just thought it could be a very interesting series, if it came to be. Would there be a chance a non-military theme could emerge? And if so, what would you like to see? Although to be honest with the new WWI French my wallet is fast being emptied{sm4}
I don't think they would as there is no doubt copyright issues with LOTR items, don't reckon Peter Jackson will give up any rights to the stuff. Anyway I would prefer Andy putting all his efforts into more Great War items ^&grin^&grin^&grin^&grin
Wayne.

Iron Duke,
Like you I am a LOTR fan.
Most unlikely as a major issue over copyright and royalty fees (I think it was mentioned by Andy during one of the K&C Brisbane Dinner and talks). A series of 54mm figures has been done in the UK but will not be available in Oz.
Regards
Brett

Totally agree with Wayne and Brett and i think Andy would have his hands full keeping up with his current themes. But it's a nice thought and im also a Lord of the Rings fan.

Tom

Iron Duke,
This thread in the Movies section may be of interest as LOTR figures mentioned and has a link to the UK source. Series now ended but looked good.

http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/fo...141-The-Hobbit&p=455007&highlight=#post455007

Regards
Brett

PS Good morning Tom. I have something important planned for today. Since Coles and Woolies dropped Marmite from their stock Gerelou and I off to hunt some down Marmite from a Brit shop. Hoping to also find some Twiglets {sm4}

Iron Duke,
This thread in the Movies section may be of interest as LOTR figures mentioned and has a link to the UK source. Series now ended but looked good.

http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/fo...141-The-Hobbit&p=455007&highlight=#post455007

Regards
Brett

PS Good morning Tom. I have something important planned for today. Since Coles and Woolies dropped Marmite from their stock Gerelou and I off to hunt some down Marmite from a Brit shop. Hoping to also find some Twiglets {sm4}

I didn't even notice the Marmite missing.. Good luck mate and you better put some Vegemite on your faces so you act the part on the hunt...^&grin

Tom

Royalties would kill this, not to mention the quantities needed to be made.

Not practical.

Royalties would kill this, not to mention the quantities needed to be made.

Not practical.

I would imagine that a LOTR production run, if done well, could be bigger than just about any actual historical era. But as you say, the royalties would likely be too cost-prohibative.

Noah

Totally agree with Wayne and Brett and i think Andy would have his hands full keeping up with his current themes. But it's a nice thought and im also a Lord of the Rings fan.

Tom

Tom

Middle Earth - over-run with figures quite different from our normal understanding of humanity, almost a world unto itself, a harsh, forbidding place.

The Northern Territory - over run with figures quite diff...... (I think you get the point!!!!!)

Jack

Tom

Middle Earth - over-run with figures quite different from our normal understanding of humanity, almost a world unto itself, a harsh, forbidding place.

The Northern Territory - over run with figures quite diff...... (I think you get the point!!!!!)

Jack
HMMM, What a choice, Orcs or Toads.
Wayne{sm4}^&grin:):D

Attachments

• imagesCA6ST00J.jpg
    imagesCA6ST00J.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 42
  • image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 42
Iron Duke,

Regards
Brett

I've got the first 60 and 4 of the specials if anyone’s interested.

Jeff

Attachments

• LotR 06s.jpg
    LotR 06s.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 41
  • LotR 05s.jpg
    LotR 05s.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 41

Users who are viewing this thread

Back