M14’s in Action! (1 Viewer)

King & Country

1st Lieutenant
Hi Guys,

For just about 10 years, the M14 was the principle US military service rifle... before being replaced by the lighter, smaller-calibre M16.

Most experts however, especially in the Marine Corps, considered the M14 to be the best rifle ever issued to the troops in the field.
The USMC has always placed a high value on marksmanship and reliability and many Marines in Vietnam would have much preferred to hold onto their M14’s rather than have them supplanted by the newer, sometimes unreliable M16.

As the old Marine cadence goes...
“I don’t want no teenage queen I just want my M14”
Well, K&C and yours truly also like the M14 and we thought it deserves to be included in our ‘VIETNAM’ series.

Here’s an advance peek at our first 4-marine set of ‘Grunts’ in action with the fabled M14.

All the best and.. Semper Fi!
Andy

_DSC1118_900.jpg

These future release Marines look great Andy and I see they've the Marine Corps only M1961 Ammo pouches. Great detailing :salute::

Steve

I think I prefer my 4 new figures but unfortunately can't fit them in anywhere at the moment. Greg.
attachment.php

attachment.php

I think I prefer my 4 new figures but unfortunately can't fit them in anywhere at the moment. Greg.
attachment.php

attachment.php

You need to build a bigger dio, mate...As there’s a lot more great ‘VIETNAM’ figures and vehicles in the works!!!
All the best,
Andy.

Great looking figures! I’ve own a couple of the civilian variant of the M14, the M1A, which differs from the military firearm in that it does not have a full automatic fire option. They are excellent rifles. Far better than the M16, IMHO.

We were only issued M14 semi-automatic rifles in my U.S. Army unit (320th USASA Bn) in Germany in 1963-64. The full automatic version had a heavier barrel and a bi-pod and was intended as a replacement for the squad BAR. It turned out to be less than satisfactory since it was too light and was difficult to hold on target when firing on full automatic. Since I had qualified on the M1 Garand Rifle in Basic Training at Fort Ord, Calif. in 1961, I had to go through a M14 familiarization and live firing at the Bundeswehr's 1st Gibirgsjager Division firing range in southern Bavaria. It is an excellent rifle.

Great looking figures and poses!

I can't wait to add these to my collection.

I've always had a soft spot for the M14/M1A. It's a refined Garand taking that design to it's logical conclusion. It handles and shoots great. That said it is still essentially a 1930's design that should never have beat the innovative ArmaLite AR-10 which arrived late and faced significant bias in the selection process.

I really like King & Country's Vietnam series which I got to see in person at the Chicago show.

Hi Guys,

For just about 10 years, the M14 was the principle US military service rifle... before being replaced by the lighter, smaller-calibre M16.

Most experts however, especially in the Marine Corps, considered the M14 to be the best rifle ever issued to the troops in the field.
The USMC has always placed a high value on marksmanship and reliability and many Marines in Vietnam would have much preferred to hold onto their M14’s rather than have them supplanted by the newer, sometimes unreliable M16.

As the old Marine cadence goes...
“I don’t want no teenage queen I just want my M14”
Well, K&C and yours truly also like the M14 and we thought it deserves to be included in our ‘VIETNAM’ series.

Here’s an advance peek at our first 4-marine set of ‘Grunts’ in action with the fabled M14.

All the best and.. Semper Fi!
Andy

View attachment 254252

Love the Marines and M14s! I can't wait for their release. I always loved the Marine with the M14 from the Iraq Marines you did many years ago.

We were only issued M14 semi-automatic rifles in my U.S. Army unit (320th USASA Bn) in Germany in 1963-64. The full automatic version had a heavier barrel and a bi-pod and was intended as a replacement for the squad BAR. It turned out to be less than satisfactory since it was too light and was difficult to hold on target when firing on full automatic. Since I had qualified on the M1 Garand Rifle in Basic Training at Fort Ord, Calif. in 1961, I had to go through a M14 familiarization and live firing at the Bundeswehr's 1st Gibirgsjager Division firing range in southern Bavaria. It is an excellent rifle.

Great story, and you having qualified on the M1 Garand must make you pretty old school! I’ve got a Garand as well in my small collection and it’s fun to shoot! Loading is a bit tricky, though... The M14/M1A definitely took most of what was good about the Garand and made it better 😎

Great story, and you having qualified on the M1 Garand must make you pretty old school! I’ve got a Garand as well in my small collection and it’s fun to shoot! Loading is a bit tricky, though... The M14/M1A definitely took most of what was good about the Garand and made it better 😎

Every time I take my Garand to the range someone will stop by and check it out. Invariably they tell me that they heard the sound of the clip being ejected and that is what brought them over. I like firing my M1 carbine and my M1A1 but there is nothing like the sound of the last cartridge being fired from the Garand as the rifle ejects the clip and locks the bolt open!

In any event I truly can't wait for these figures. I am already scoping out where to put them in my Vietnam dio.

Thanks. I guess you can say that I am old school, but that never occurred to me until now. I also own a M1 Garand. As you know, to load the M1, you must push the 8-round clip down into the open breech and quickly pull your thumb back out before the bolt slams home. Failure to do so would result in a "M1 thumb" which I understand is quite painful and is just about like holding your thumb on an anvil and hitting it with a hammer.

Re: M14’s in Action!

One time I was cleaning my rifle with a bore snake. The rifle butt lightly touched the ground and the bolt slammed home with the bore snake cord stuck inside. I couldn't open the bolt with my hand and had to kick it to get the bolt loose. I imagined my finger in there and it would be half chopped off.

When I arrived in country ,,early 66 ,the 1st Div had since converted to M16s,The m14s brought over were laying in neglected heaps,,sad to see,,the initial M16s with many problems including the hand me down I was given,,turning it in I was told the "new" 16s were on the way but later,,I took a Stevens savage 12 guage in the wrapper for the next 3 months,,Basic training I had a new m14,,lovely weapon,

These were not listed in the November dispatches.

Does anyone know when they might be released?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back