Milk Float Phoenix Model Developments, ByGone Age series (1 Viewer)

whdamon

Corporal
Some photos of the Phoenix Milk Float, 1/24th scale, metal from the early 1970's Sat in my gray army for well over 45 years until I realized it would fit quite well in my Dickens Xmas display. the casting was quite detailed and perfect fit considering its early origins

The directions:
IMG_9595-resize.JPG
IMG_9930-resize.JPG
unfortunately I did not take any in process assy photos. here is the assembled piece prior to primer & paint (yes i painted it after full assembly glutton for punishment that I am)
and after paint
IMG_9626-resize.JPG
IMG_9926-resize.JPG
Next was to see how it looked with some K&C figures. Scale different, but in a display did
not seem to have a negative impact on the combination unless viewer knew for sure the cart was much larger in reality
IMG_8209.JPG
continued on next post ( 5 photo limit breached)

Continued:
Trial fit with K&C figures
IMG_9628-resize.JPG

with painted Milk Float
IMG_9929-resize.JPG

and finally in the Xmas display
IMG_9923-resize.JPG

all painting done in acrylics with some artist oils applied over the acrylics to add depth as in the food stocks
and Float weathering of the metal
hope you enjoyed. like to do the Phoenix Hansom Cab from the same series next and some other assorted carriages (not Phoenix)
that I also plan on inserting into the display this year
Walt Damon

Well done, Walt! Such a great little kit, and it works so well with the K&C figures.
And I didn't know there were coffee vendors in Britain back then. I knew there were vendors of other products, just not that anyone sold coffee that way. Very cool!

Prost!
Brad

Continued:

hope you enjoyed. like to do the Phoenix Hansom Cab from the same series next and some other assorted carriages (not Phoenix)
that I also plan on inserting into the display this year
Walt Damon

Walt,

Nice work,

good to see someone else constructing these kits and showing off their work.

This is another milk cart I painted ..

milkodog.jpg

And I'm looking forward to seeing your Hanson Cab, I've done a couple ......

hansom.jpg

cab2.jpg

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back