Model Soldiers Weekend (UK) (1 Viewer)

Cornwallis

Sergeant
Model Soldiers Weekend
16 & 17th May 2009

Hatfield House is home to the British Model Soldiers Society's National Collection.

Members of the Society will be showing visitors the collection and demonstrating this fascinating hobby.

I know its unlikely, but has anyone heard of this event or even visited the collection, do you think it will likely display K&C, Britains etc?

Attachments

• Scrolling1.jpg
    Scrolling1.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 194
Model Soldiers Weekend
16 & 17th May 2009

Hatfield House is home to the British Model Soldiers Society's National Collection.

Members of the Society will be showing visitors the collection and demonstrating this fascinating hobby.

I know its unlikely, but has anyone heard of this event or even visited the collection, do you think it will likely display K&C, Britains etc?

Have a look at this link

http://www.btinternet.com/~MODEL.SOLDIERS/page8.html

I visited the Redoubt in Eastbourne when part of the collection was there, there was plenty of models and toy style figures but no K&C if I remember.

Jeff

Model Soldiers Weekend
16 & 17th May 2009

Hi Cornwallis.

We have not supplied anything and if they have it will be froma private collection. Also knowing the BMSS and the way they work most of the figures are casts painted by the members.

Tony

Hi Cornwallis
I visited there a couple of years ago and the collection was situated in a brick built barn in the grounds. approx 40ft by 20ft. on one floor.
I'm not sure whether that was the whole collection as they tend to have pieces donated around for other events.
The vast majority is the traditional Toy Soldier principally Britains and some very old (and I assume rare) pieces.
There were also guys there providing a demo on modelling and painting which although not my thing you had to admire the skill.
Hope that helps.
Regards
Clive

Is anyone here a member of the BMSS, or has anyone ever corresponded with the Society? A couple of years ago, I sent an email to the address provided at their website, asking about some figures that were in their annual competition/exhibition, but I never received a response, nor any response to any followup emails.

I was curious about a group of figures by a man named Sim, if I remember correctly, called "the Kaiser's Women". They depicted all of the ladies who held the title of honorary Colonel-in-chief to various regiments. I wanted to contact Mr. Sim and ask more about them, but I never heard back from the BMSS.

Prost!
Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back