My Bill Hocker Sets (1 Viewer)

Russell

Sergeant
I've been enjoying the photos of Randy, Wadepat, and others in this WM Hocker forum. In the same spirit I've decided to show some of my sets. I have six from Bill Hocker. Below is my favorite. It's set #46, titled Russian Cossacks. The others will follow.

I thank you all for sharing your sets on the forum and for making the Bill Hocker catagory a reality.

Attachments

• IMG_3521.JPG
    IMG_3521.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_3520.JPG
    IMG_3520.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 251
Thanks for sharing this set with us Russell. Bill has a great flare for this kind of stuff. His figures certainly are very well done.

Russell

Thank you for sharing this delightful set. We look forward with great anticipation to the others.

Randy

Okay here are the rest. None of these sets have ever been out of their boxes. They look so nice tied into the cardboard backing and I fear that once taken out, a bit like Humpty Dumpty, I'd never be able to get the whole thing back together again.

The first set is #160 titled 'Fifes and Drums of the British Army.'
The second set is #186 titled 'French Infantry Marching.'

Attachments

• IMG_3531.JPG
    IMG_3531.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_3532.JPG
    IMG_3532.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_3534.JPG
    IMG_3534.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_3533.JPG
    IMG_3533.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 149

The first here is set #68 titled 'Naval Brigade Fiddle Band.'
The second set is #244 titled '11th Hussars 1854.'

Attachments

• IMG_3539.JPG
    IMG_3539.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_3538.JPG
    IMG_3538.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_3540.JPG
    IMG_3540.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_3541.JPG
    IMG_3541.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 149
Finally there is set #9 titled '13th Bengal Lancers.'

I wish I had more sets to show you, I really do, maybe one day ... ;)

Attachments

• IMG_3535.JPG
    IMG_3535.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_3537.JPG
    IMG_3537.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 156
Russell,
You have some beauties that I'm sure you'll want to hold onto for a long time. Like family heirlooms, WH is that kind of caliber maker.
Many thanks for taking the time to post them!
Mike

What you have shown us has been a real treat. Thank you for sharing them with us Russell. How can you not love the glossies :)

Finally there is set #9 titled '13th Bengal Lancers.'

I wish I had more sets to show you, I really do, maybe one day ... ;)

Hi Russell,

Man O man, can I relate to your comment about wishing you had more sets. I am certain anyone who has taken the plunge and added Hocker sets to their collection can quickly and deeply identify with your statement!

Thanks so much for sharing your sets with us. They are magnificent! Viewing them just makes me want to add more Hocker figures to my collection as soon as I am able!

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

Thank you all for your kind words. I believe that Bill's success is due to the tradional aspect of his toy soldiers: glossy, like the Britains of childhood, and being tied to a cardboard backing as we knew it. But the core is how he creates a mood by taking care of details. He does this with his boxes, his posters, one of the first excellent internet sites, no sets going out of production and so on. And now I'm being called to supper. So long.

Attachments

• concord.gif
    concord.gif
    40.3 KB · Views: 124
Thanks Russel for posting your fine Hocker sets. I really enjoy his work and hope to get more sets in the future. I like the Sudan era on his figures. Well, I like them all. I framed three of his posters and working on a fourth one. They are unique figures. John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back