Napoleonic Flag question (1 Viewer)

Adam,
I'm not sure which figure you're asking about as the link only takes me to W Britain's website, but of all the Britains flag bearers I have they all have metal flags.
Best,
Josh

Hi,
Sorry but I cannot get the link to the specific figure you mean. I am sure Ken or Alan will be able to jump in and advise.
From my experience and from what I have learnt sculpting for WB all the flags are sculpted and then later cast in metal.
I recently did the 44th and followed the brief and advise to sculpt from Ken and Alan and they are finally cast in metal, as I believe all previous have been.
If you can post a picture I am sure Ken will help.

Best wishes
Graham

Hi Guys,

Just wondering, is this flag metal or is it paper?

http://www.wbritain.com/products_detail.cfm?productID=46441

Cheers

Adam

As far as I am aware all flags are metal ....... What figure are you asking about ?

Thanks guys,

Sorry didnt think to check the link actually worked before I posted it :redface2:

it was British 44th Foot Regiment Battalion Company Ensign with King's Colours No.1

Flag just looks very thin, which is in no way a bad thing :eek:

Cheers again for the help.

Adam

Some earlier Britains did have paper flags. I have Life Guard with a paper flag.

Hello all,
Except for the ceremonial line all of our recent flags have been metal. In future releases I may design a few flags in resin to offer more dynamic poses without huge bases to counter balance the weight of the flag.
All the Best,
Ken Osen

I can't speak for all collectors, but I think resin flags are almost preferable, as they have very high detail, weigh less (smaller bases), and most importantly, they can be made thinner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back