Napoleon's Europe Release Schedule (1 Viewer)

FirstLegion

Sergeant Major
In answer to Damian's question about the British Guards, I've started this new thread with our current "announced" release schedule. I know we've missed a lot of dates, but these are pretty reliable give or take a week or so:

NAP0061-NAP0065 Murat and the Wurttemberg Jaegers - Shipping To Customers End of Next week.
NAP0066-NAP0071 Westphalian Jaegers Carabiniers - Pre-Order October 20th, Ship end November
NAP0021-NAP0029 French Old Guard Grenadiers - Pre-order November 12th, Ship December.
NAP0081-NAP0097 British Guard Infantry and Mounted Colonel - Pre-order around Christmas Time, ship end of January
NAP0098 - French Infantry Mounted Colonel - Pre-Order around Christmas time, ship end of January

I say "announced", because we have one more set that we haven't announced or shown anywhere that will also be available for Pre-Order around Christmas time and shipping in January as well. We'll most likely announce this set towards the end of November. It is sure to please. We aso have a few more items up our sleeve that will also be available in January/February as well, so keep an eye out here and on our website.

Regards,

Matt
First Legion Ltd

Thanks for the schedule Matt. It is most helpful for planning purchases and so forth. Looks like I will be having a late Christmas this (next) year;) with the delayed Guards and the yet to be announced NAP0072-NAP0080 and NAP0095-NAP109:);) Ah well better late than..... as they say.

Thanks for the schedule Matt. It is most helpful for planning purchases and so forth. Looks like I will be having a late Christmas this (next) year;) with the delayed Guards and the yet to be announced NAP0072-NAP0080 and NAP0095-NAP109:);) Ah well better late than..... as they say.

Save your pennies my friend. :D

In all seriousness, it only gets better from here. We have a few releases that we haven't announced yet that will be out around the same time and they are sure to please!

As for NAP0072 - British 9lb Foot Artillery Set - it's acutally been announced and is shown on our workbench and will most likely be out in January/February.

As I paraphrased before on another post - in 2009, expect 10+ figures each and every month. We're trying to grow up and as such we're going on a release schedule like the "big boys". It's one thing to release amazing figures for a reasonable price every 3 or 4 months. It's an entirely different thing to release them each and every month and, in my mind, our (self-admitted) constantly delayed release schedule is the difference between First Legion being a niche company that makes great Napoleonic figures to being the world's leading toy soldier company. Currently, we are certainly the former. By the end of 2009, I'm confident we'll be in discussions concerning the latter.

Remember, companies like K&C, who are just absolute models of success, and companies like Figarti, who make some wonderful stuff, are 5 aand 20+ years old respectively. We're only 10 months old, and as such we're still just a baby. :D Expect us to grow up very quickly....

Regards,

Matt

Save your pennies my friend. :D

In all seriousness, it only gets better from here. We have a few releases that we haven't announced yet that will be out around the same time and they are sure to please!
As I paraphrased before on another post - in 2009, expect 10+ figures each and every month. ...Matt
Believe me, I am and I have no doubt that it will.:D

Since you have commented on the schedule for many of your previously announced intended releases I thought I would ask about the 95th Rifles. They were mentioned some time ago as part of the 12-18 month Napoleonic Europe schedule. Do you have anything more specific on them?

Hi, will you have a Wellington figure at Waterloo mounted on his main horse "Copenhagen" in the near future? A stationary horse would be great, that would allow to build an officer staff (mounted or standing) to surround him in future releases.

Believe me, I am and I have no doubt that it will.:D

Since you have commented on the schedule for many of your previously announced intended releases I thought I would ask about the 95th Rifles. They were mentioned some time ago as part of the 12-18 month Napoleonic Europe schedule. Do you have anything more specific on them?

We've got sculpts already done on these, so you may see them sooner or you may see them later. It depends really, as we have sculpts for a lot of figures done already!

That's really all I can say about them for now...if we decide anything more definitive, I'll post them to our website and the forum.

Regards,

Matt
First Legion Ltd

Hi, will you have a Wellington figure at Waterloo mounted on his main horse "Copenhagen" in the near future? A stationary horse would be great, that would allow to build an officer staff (mounted or standing) to surround him in future releases.

We have some plans for a Mounted Wellington amongst others. That was discussed internally a long time ago, we just haven't gotten to it all yet. I think we share a similar vision - a complete mounted staff with some stationary horses. I would definitely expect to see our first mounted general from Waterloo by February, but probably not in the form you're expecting. That's all i can say about it right now, but you'll know more on this quite a bit sooner than you'd expect.

I sometimes forget exactly how much we have going on. :D

Regards,

Matt

We've got sculpts already done on these, so you may see them sooner or you may see them later. It depends really, as we have sculpts for a lot of figures done already!

That's really all I can say about them for now...if we decide anything more definitive, I'll post them to our website and the forum.

Regards,

Matt
First Legion Ltd
Thanks Matt. I will just be patient and keep my fingers crossed. I think I am not alone in looking forward to the 95th.;):D

I was wondering, would it help if I got this fellow to ask?:D
BernardCornwell.jpg

Or maybe this one?;):D
mainsharpepic.jpg

Matt

We all are amazed at how your products and company has taken off - I for one do admire the work FL is doing in the Hobby and plan to spend my $$$ on these wonderful Napoleonic Figures !

Keep it going - you are doing great !

Ron

I was wondering, would it help if I got this fellow to ask?:D

Now you just ruined our "plausible deniability" legal defense when our 95th Rifles look like Sean Bean... When sued, I could have said "What's Sharpe's Rifles? Huh, never heard of it. Sean who??" :eek:

Now you just ruined our "plausible deniability" legal defense when our 95th Rifles look like Sean Bean... When sued, I could have said "What's Sharpe's Rifles? Huh, never heard of it. Sean who??" :eek:
:D Well I am not sure how plausible it is in the English speaking world to say you have never heard of Sharpe or even Sean.:D Of course it is one thing to have some look like Sean and quite another to claim that they do.;):D:D I feel confident you all will work it out.:cool:

Last edited:
This is just pure speculation on my part, but don’t the figures shown in the background of the workbench button on the First Legion site look like the future 95th rifles. The figures shown have the characteristic front belt cartridge box used by the 95th and they seem to have the stovepipe hats. The picture is very small and doesn’t lend itself to much enlargement.

Still maybe, here is the picture.

King's Man

Attachments

• workbenchfront.jpg
    workbenchfront.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 86
This is just pure speculation on my part, but don’t the figures shown in the background of the workbench button on the First Legion site look like the future 95th rifles. The figures shown have the characteristic front belt cartridge box used by the 95th and they seem to have the stovepipe hats. The picture is very small and doesn’t lend itself to much enlargement.

Still maybe, here is the picture.

King's Man
Most interesting find mate; that picture does not convey much detail but you just might be right.:D For example, the third lad from the right seems to have that odd knit cap that one of the Sharpe's men wears as shown here.
sharpes-men.jpg

This is just pure speculation on my part, but don’t the figures shown in the background of the workbench button on the First Legion site look like the future 95th rifles.
King's Man

Good catch! I'm surprised it's taken until now for someone to figure this out... :D We've had these done for sometime, we're just not real happy with them...

You may not recall but TS&MF magazine and Mullberry Miniatures didn't get away with it!!:eek:

Jeff

You may not recall but TS&MF magazine and Mullberry Miniatures didn't get away with it!!:eek:

Jeff
I do not know anything about that but I do know something of copyright. In this scale, I would doubt there would be any figure issues frankly. Now if you market the item as Sharpe or Bean, that would be a problem.;)

I do not know anything about that but I do know something of copyright. In this scale, I would doubt there would be any figure issues frankly. Now if you market the item as Sharpe or Bean, that would be a problem.;)

Well there was and as such the unsold figures had to be destroyed and the unsold magazines went the same way!

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back