Naval Vessels, Near Future?? (1 Viewer)

Fraxinus

Master Sergeant
Code: SP029

Name: Jetty
Desc.: This handy structure is the perfect setting for our latest "Sampans" to moor alongside... at the same time it can also be used singly or in multiples to make a dockside scene for any of the naval vessels we are currently working on and about to release. Item is constructed in mixed media of polystone and expanded polyurethane.
Price: US$79.00

My vote: U.S.S Johnston, DD-557 ---- Battle of Samar, October 1944. Incredible guts and determination.

http://ussjohnston-hoel.com/6217.html

Any hints, inside information or conjecture?

Last edited:
Considering the size restraints, I can't imagine what this could be.

If you check this video by Warbuff, you can see what looks like a major new naval release for the U.S. Navy:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=warbuff26#play/uploads/5/BcOZM953TSc

Personally, I'm excited about that...I've been waiting for a gunboat, but the Sand Pebble/San Pueblo was probably going to be too big and expensive for me.

I do wish K&C would produce some figures for the Navy (and now Marines!) to shoot at. Other than civilians, that is;)

Those naval launches are really cool, so many interesting items to consider

from the show!

K&C is also releasing a LCM (bigger than the two landing crafts they produced so far, much smaller than Figarti's LCT). I saw the prototype. It will be a must have for D-Day collectors, and is really well done.

K&C is also releasing a LCM (bigger than the two landing crafts they produced so far, much smaller than Figarti's LCT). I saw the prototype. It will be a must have for D-Day collectors, and is really well done.

That was what I was referring to yesterday but didn't want to say anything until the news was officially out.

Have been waiting for pics of this since Andy mentioned it a few months back,sounds like it be will cool.Does anyone know how many vehicles it'll take?.

Rob

Have been waiting for pics of this since Andy mentioned it a few months back,sounds like it be will cool.Does anyone know how many vehicles it'll take?.

Rob

I actually spoke to Andy about landing craft. I wanted to know if he chose LCA 718 because unlike most of the LCA,s which listed where they where, what they did and what happened to them, there was no record of what 718 did or where it was other than being at Normandy. And how did he pick LCA 711?

He said the numbers were chosen because they were in the series of LCAs built by his father at the shipyard where he worked. But I can't remember if he said he was definitely going to produce an LCM. The weekend is a bit hazy from lack of sleep by Sunday :rolleyes::D I didn't see the prototype so I don't know which one he will make.

There were several sizes of LCMs. Forget the LCM 1 and 2 of which there were only a few. The LCM 3 could carry a Sherman or 60 troops and LCM 4 and 5 were British versions of it. It was 50' long or 20" at 1:30 scale. The LCM 6 (British LCM 7 and 8) could carry a Sherman or 80 troops and was 56' long or 22-1/2" long.

Terry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back