Needed: Super strong Glue in UK (1 Viewer)

Foxhole_Adam

Private 1st Class
Hi Guys and Gals,

I'm after recommendations for a fast, super, super, super strong glue for metals.

I currently use Loctite Precision Super Glue but am after something stronger...

I've tried a few 2 part glues and whilst they're super strong... they take too long to take hold. I need something that can "hold" in 30 seconds or so. The setting time then isn't an issue.

Single part glue is preferred

I'm in the UK, if anyone has some guidance I'd really appreciate it.

And if you can answer the above... I'll have the Moon on a stick too! {sm4}

Cheers

Adam

Hi Guys and Gals,

I'm after recommendations for a fast, super, super, super strong glue for metals.

I currently use Loctite Precision Super Glue but am after something stronger...

I've tried a few 2 part glues and whilst they're super strong... they take too long to take hold. I need something that can "hold" in 30 seconds or so. The setting time then isn't an issue.

Single part glue is preferred

I'm in the UK, if anyone has some guidance I'd really appreciate it.

And if you can answer the above... I'll have the Moon on a stick too! {sm4}

Cheers

Adam

Hi Adam - Loctite is as good as any Cyanoacrylate Glue (Super-Glue) - in my view. I've been using it for years - and nothing has fallen off anything yet! Araldite Rapid - is a faster acting Epoxy Resin type than the normal Araldite - but still takes a little time to set - and is a two part adhesive - like the regular version - but quicker to set. As you say - it's super strong - but still not as quick to go off as Loctite.

If I want to stick small metal bits together - I use Loctite - but if I want a strong permanent joint on something major - I use two-pat Araldite Rapid.

Johnnybach

Great stuff, will give it a go. The parts are small and light so hopefully the extra hold time needed wont be too much of an issue.

Cheers

Adam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back