New From TN (1 Viewer)

CaptainKyle

Private 2
Hi All , I posted earlier in a different section because I looked over this one but one of the nice members here told me about this section so the other post can be removed if needed.

Kyle & I live in Alcoa, Tn

I don't honestly know much about toy soldiers. My father in law recently passed away & has a large collection of Soldiers & toy soldier books. He had some that look generic & the others are elastolin , Linoil & I think I might have seen a Barclay. I really have not picked them all up there is so many.

I am really looking for help we are going to be selling the collection & we were hoping there might be some one in the area that could lead us in the right direction or an appraiser in our area. I hope I have not broken any rules here we just could use a little help. Here is a little video I made sorry not the best. & I can take more pictures if people would like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nJhhq5VWww&feature=em-upload_owner

Thanks for the video of the collection. On the shelf of books there is a O'Briens book of American made soldiers like Manoil,Barclay and others. They will have pictures of the Dimestores and a price guide. I noticed in the last five years the prices dropped some. O'Brien also has another book on Foreign made toy soldiers.

You might have that book also. John

Thanks for the video of the collection. On the shelf of books there is a O'Briens book of American made soldiers like Manoil,Barclay and others. They will have pictures of the Dimestores and a price guide. I noticed in the last five years the prices dropped some. O'Brien also has another book on Foreign made toy soldiers.

Thank you I will go have a look. Sorry for the late reply my PC has been in the shop. It would be nice if we could find a collector in the area just to buy the whole collection but chances of that are probably slim to none.

He did have the other book along with some others. I was able to figure out a few but there is just so many of them. I did figure out that this could turn into an expensive hobby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back